No announcement yet.

Red Wolf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pic with the dog definitely looks a lot bigger than a yote. DNA wont lie!

Comment

Elizabeth Warren is an indian afterall.

Comment

Looks like something other than your garden variety coyote, to me anyway. I would love to see it in person. That last pic, with the GSD in it....that just doesn't look like a yote.
        JMHO.

Comment

Not sure why there is so much hate towards the thought of it being a red wolf, or having red wolf genetics in it. Just looking at photographs of red wolfs, this canid shares a strong resemblance with the red wolf. I'm in the wolf camp.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            where do you see that?
            Apparently it was edited out.
            I saw it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Looks like something other than your garden variety coyote, to me anyway. I would love to see it in person. That last pic, with the GSD in it....that just doesn't look like a yote.
              JMHO.
              Originally posted by tanto View Post
              Not sure why there is so much hate towards the thought of it being a red wolf, or having red wolf genetics in it. Just looking at photographs of red wolfs, this canid shares a strong resemblance with the red wolf. I'm in the wolf camp.
              I'm leaning towards agreeing with these folks

Comment

It's just these self-styled "experts" on here. They can't stand the fact that they didn't find it first. So much face-booky crap on here anymore.......

Comment

This....

Comment

Kinda silly ain't it especially since a lot of these guys can't tell the difference between a Ocelot and a Bobcat, and they are even close in resemblance(if you know what your looking at)... BUT they are wolf/yote experts..

Comment

I trapped a lot of similar looking ones in the 70's and early 80's. We always knew those "brushwolves" had a lot of Red Wolf in them. Some of them weighed as much as 70 pounds. Pure coyotes weighed less and the coloration was different. Don't see why that recessive gene couldn't surface from time to time.

Comment

We have quite a few really big coyotes here in Brazoria county and not too far from here was the Red Wolf's last stand in the wild. Maybe there is some wolf mixed up in there. It's interesting to think about.

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                          We have quite a few really big coyotes here in Brazoria county and not too far from here was the Red Wolf's last stand in the wild. Maybe there is some wolf mixed up in there. It's interesting to think about.

Thanks for posting!
                          Yes we do have some really big ones from time to time. They look Very similar if not exact to the Red Wolf too.. At least the ones I've seen..

Comment

DNA should provide all the information needed but there will always be doubters. I had a friend tell me he saw a "wolf" a few months ago just south of here and I told him that they haven't been seen in decades. He said it was bigger than most yotes and the color was different. It would be pretty cool if I was wrong on my identification, which I don't mind admitting, and it being a canid with a higher strain of Mexican Red Wolf.

Please keep us posted on the results

Comment

I think it looks like it is at least part wolf. I shot one in East Texas years ago that weighed about 75 lbs. I was told that they were wolf / coyote hybrids. What I shot did not look anything like the coyotes I have seen in S Texas

Comment

Cool post OP. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X