Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by verter View Post
    Here is an email from Jewel that she sent out on 09/25. 1 buck and 1 spike according to it.

There it is! Thanks Verter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, Verter and HogStalker. I got in touch with Jewel on Friday and explained the situation. Hopefully, she understands it was a mistake. I'll probably find out on Monday.

Comment

Sure thing.

Comment

Do they still close the parks for a week so you can hunt in the campgrounds?

Comment

Heading out shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
              Heading out shortly.

I hope you’re changing spots the one you have isn’t very productive obviously. [emoji1787] Good luck.

Comment

Just drew blood. Wish me luck

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                  Just drew blood. Wish me luck

Nice, good luck with the recovery.

Comment

Found her. Blood ran out after about 3 yards. Spotted her just by dumb luck. One lung and liver. Dropped after about 30 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                      Found her. Blood ran out after about 3 yards. Spotted her just by dumb luck. One lung and liver. Dropped after about 30 yards.

I was hoping to see horns, but that will do.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                        I was hoping to see horns, but that will do.

Haha. You and me both brother. Had 4 does mingling around in front of me. Waited about 30 min hoping a big ol stud would show up. Decided to shoot the bigger lady. Full freezer has gotta be as pretty as antlers. I'll just go hunt some sheds in the spring then I'll have both.

Comment

This was my 3rd season out at lake Georgetown, the first was my first year hunting ever and also the year i became a dad so i couldn’t give it the effort it needed. i was surprised i even got in. 2019/2020season i gave it a solid effort, got out hunted by coyotes, learned from my mistakes.
                          This season, i still didn’t get a kill.....but i got to watch a buck walk under my stand within 10-15ft of my tree. I Got to watch him on two different hunting days for about an hour each time. Also had a shot on some hogs but missed because the cold had me hungry and shivering after a 9hr sit. The buck and the hogs on the same day! My season ended about two weeks into December because of some vehicle complications so i didn’t get to follow up, but i still felt pretty accomplished in my efforts.
                          If I’m still in the area this year......

Comment

I decided to check the website and turns out they started accepting applications for 2021-22 on May 3. A deadline is on July 2.

Just letting you know, guys.

Comment

FYI,

Applications are no longer taking by email. Mailed or dropped off.

Comment

Oh man, thanks for the heads up!! Totally forgot this year. I will try and get it done tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X