Cattle dust bags for deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle dust bags for deer

Does anyone know if the dust bags intended for cattle are safe for deer?
    My little bunch of deer that live in my yard seem to have bots right now. I'm wondering if I hung a dust bag up if they would use it, and if it would be safe for them. Has anyone ever used one? I sent in the same question to the parks and wildlife website.

Mesquite Country used them at their S Tx place. I haven't seen him on THB is a long while. They had them stretched between the legs on their feeders to hit about the height on the back of a deer.

Comment

From the email:
      Originally posted by TPWD
      Honestly, I'm not sure if the deer would use something like that unless you force them into it. For example, a high fence feeding station that they have to enter into and exit only under the dust bags. In reality, the deer have ectoparasites (and endoparasites) naturally and for the most part are not overly burdened by them. Creating a feeding station would increase the risk of disease transmission which is far more harmful to the animals than fleas, ticks, and flies would be except in extreme cases.

Comment

Brute Killer can you elaborate more on what this does and how you know the deer have bot worms

Comment

Originally posted by Cola Blanca View Post
          Brute Killer can you elaborate more on what this does and how you know the deer have bot worms
          They get bots in their nose and are frequently trying to blow them out (not an alarm snort).

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
            From the email:
            Headline news: TPWD takes a stance against deer feeders

Comment

Working...
            X