2023 Bob Lee Memorial Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark your calendars for June 3-4, 2023! The 3rd annual Bob Lee Memorial Shoot will once again be hosted by the Brazos County Archery club, located in Bryan, Texas. I’ll add more specifics as it gets a little closer, but for now start making plans. If we follow true to form, the range will probably be set a few days before, so if folks show up early (Friday) as long as a club official is out there, those early comers can try for a round or two. IE: Bisch and Rusty.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
    Mark your calendars for June 3-4, 2023! The 3rd annual Bob Lee Memorial Shoot will once again be hosted by the Brazos County Archery club, located in Bryan, Texas. I’ll add more specifics as it gets a little closer, but for now start making plans. If we follow true to form, the range will probably be set a few days before, so if folks show up early (Friday) as long as a club official is out there, those early comers can try for a round or two. IE: Bisch and Rusty.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
    Those two jokers are pre-ranging the course?!?! No wonder they shoot so good!

Comment

No pre-ranging; we just both need the exercise!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm down for some Bob Lee Memorial shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          No pre-ranging; we just both need the exercise!!!!

Bisch

I was just kidding Bisch! I know you too well. You and Rusty wouldn't remember the ranges by the next day anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
            I was just kidding Bisch! I know you too well. You and Rusty wouldn't remember the ranges by the next day anyways!

I knew that! But I am old, and Rusty is ancient, so it’s a given that we both really do need the exercise! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Besides, if you’d seen what my shooting has become these days, you’ll probably bring a rangefinder for me to use!!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Comment

LOL! Made me choke on my lunch!

Comment

That's why he has to get his calendar set so early so he isn't so confused.
                I knew that! But I am old, and Rusty is ancient, so it’s a given that we both really do need the exercise! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Besides, if you’d seen what my shooting has become these days, you’ll probably bring a rangefinder for me to use!!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Not sure a range finder would help any of us.
                That said I hope they stay with the fewer targets like last year. Worked out well imo.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  That's why he has to get his calendar set so early so he isn't so confused. Not sure a range finder would help any of us.
                  That said I hope they stay with the fewer targets like last year. Worked out well imo.

It was fewer targets last year? Thought it was 50? Or was it 40? Dern... guess Bisch's memory is rubbing off on me!

Comment

Bisch

I do have a rangefinder... but I thought you were driving tacks with that lighter poundage bow Randy built?

Comment

I do have a rangefinder... but I thought you were driving tacks with that lighter poundage bow Randy built?

Well, I need to go tack hunting instead of deer hunting then! It’s been so bad in the woods, I’m back with the training wheels again!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

It was fewer targets last year? Thought it was 50? Or was it 40? Dern... guess Bisch's memory is rubbing off on me!
                        Originally billed as 50 and reeled back to 40.

Comment

The first year was 50, last year we set 40, at the requests of the majority of shooters. We've opened up a new section of the range, but I don't know if we'll use it for the BL shoot. Lots of cool shot opportunities, but a bit of a hike from the main area.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                            The first year was 50, last year we set 40, at the requests of the majority of shooters. We've opened up a new section of the range, but I don't know if we'll use it for the BL shoot. Lots of cool shot opportunities, but a bit of a hike from the main area.
                            50 is a lot of targets. Pretty tough on some our "vintage" shooters. It's not so much the distance as it is their need for a nap before making it back to home base. Maybe you could put some hammocks and lounge chairs toward the back turn?

Comment

Or maybe an A and B course. You know one for the rest of us and one for the old folks?

Comment

Working...
                              X