New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Zealand

Just got back from an incredible trip to New Zealand. Beyond excited with the trip. This all started in 2019 at the DSC Convention. I talked to every New Zealand outfitter and called many references. I ended up booking with Shane Quinn with Alpine Hunting. I was suppose to go in 2021 and then COVID. So my trip was pushed to this year.

I fished with Johnny Gummer on the lodge's property. The fishing and hunting was outstanding. Liam Quinn was my guide and just an all around great guy. I took my bow and had multiple failed stalks. He was very patient and did not every push me to pick up a rifle.

The lodge was great and what an atmosphere. Everyone eats at the same table, hunters, staff, guides with Shane and his wife Nicki. Shane and Nicki took time to make us feel at home and the atmosphere was like we were family.

I can't say enough about Shane, Nicki and Liam. Just salt of the earth great people.

Hope to get back one day, but still smiling from this trip. This was definitely a bucket list trip for me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WilliamL; 03-27-2023, 03:04 PM.

Incredible Stag! Congrats on a great trip

Comment

Awesome!
      Congrats

Comment

Dad gum what a stag! Congrats. I guess the meat stays there?

Comment

We ate stag at the lodge daily. The chef’s really did a great job. My wife even enjoyed it. The rest was left and donated.
          Last edited by WilliamL; 03-27-2023, 03:44 PM.

Comment

looks like a great trip! NZ is a bucket list trip for me and Alpine is on the short list of outfitters I've met with that I want to book with. Just need my girls to get older so we can leave them for 2 weeks to hunt/fish and then catch some rugby matches and wine tours

Comment

I’ve had a trip booked for the wife and I for over 3 years, Covid has caused me to rebook 3 times, finally going may of 24, can’t wait, congrats on your trip, looked awesome.

Comment

congrats!!! trip of a lifetime...

Comment

Congrats on a great stag. New Zealand is a beautiful country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great Stag! My BIL says Shane is the best!

Comment

Hoping to do this on my 50th !
                      Thanks for sharing the info.

Comment

I could not recommend Alpine enough. If you thinking about going, I would definitely talk to them. Everything is done well. No heavy lifting!
                        Attached Files

Comment

From left to right:
                          Me, Liam, Shane (owner and heli captain), Shane (guide) and Luke (Guide).
                          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on a great trip and stag!!! I am heading to NZ in June and I can only hope to be as successful as you were.

Comment

Awesome stag.

Comment

Working...
                              X