WIFI booster/extender Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
    Do you stream tv in the outside enclosures? I have a pavilion about 50ft from the house and needing a better signal than what I’ve got.
    Get a 3 pack of Deco M5s, put one wherever your main router is, one in the closest window to your pavilion, and another one in your pavilion.
    Decos are dual band, and use whichever frequency it can detect the best.
    If you're streaming, you want the Decos meshed up on the 5ghz band.
    They would probably connect through the walls of your house without being by a window, but there's a 95% chance they would be connected on the 2.4.
    A 3 pack is $150, and they are more than you will need, most of it is overkill anyway.
    On another note, TP-Link is one of the shadiest, and crooked companies there is, when it comes to network equipment, sharing your info, etc..
    Plug and play is never a good option with them, considering TP-Link is long hand for CHINA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
      Do you stream tv in the outside enclosures? I have a pavilion about 50ft from the house and needing a better signal than what I’ve got.
      Yes I can stream tv and movies in my RV 40 feet from the house and do video calls and watch movies in my metal shop. I have blink cameras around the property and they work great now also.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So which is better, eero or TP link?

Comment

The eero Pro 6E is currently on 25% off sale at Best buy and Amazon. I just picked up a pack at lunch today.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneS View Post
              you wanting to boost wifi? or boost your cell signal from outside to inside? for cell booster i have weboost and it works great !! as long as you can get signal outside this one will do the trick.

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/web...CABEgIR7vD_BwE

Will this help with the WiFi signal as well? We have gotW3 and I’m pretty sure they go off of AT&T’s towers for the most part, in my area at least

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                Will this help with the WiFi signal as well? We have gotW3 and I’m pretty sure they go off of AT&T’s towers for the most part, in my area at least

It will do nothing for the wi-fi signal, the wi-fi signal is determined by your proximity to the router.
                You cannot boost it or make it stronger, it is pre-determined, you can only extend it using more equipment.
                A cell booster will give your SIM based router a better signal to the providers tower, which in return will give you more bandwidth.
                You can have the best wi-fi signal in the world and have 0 internet, they are 2 completely different thing.
                Wi-fi is not internet, and internet is not wi-fi, they exist seperately, but work together.
                If you are surrounded by trees, a booster might not do much, out in the open with a good view, and it will probably double your cell signal as well as bandwidth.
                Just make sure your router has the option to connect and external antenna.
                Kaufman has better options for internet than what you are currently using, but I know SIM service is probably the easiest.

Comment

Working...
                X