Fawns in the Huntsville area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fawns in the Huntsville area

You guys that hunt and live in that area when do the fawns start hitting the ground there? I was thinking the last week of April we should be seeing the first drop is that early ?

I'am thinking end of May

Comment

As early as End of April two counties north
      Why do you ask? Mowing?

BP

Comment

I see a ton of does almost daily and have yet to see a fawn. The does don't look like they are ready to pop yet. Normally I am worried about fawns right around the time I need to start mowing pastures, which is about a month from now for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
          As early as End of April two counties north
          Why do you ask? Mowing?

BP
          I have a place I’m doing predator control work on in Huntsville and I want to hit the coyotes about 3 to 4 weeks before fawning first starts. Sounds like I need to start in about two or three weeks.
          Last edited by sharkhunter; 03-26-2023, 10:54 PM.

Comment

First fawn reported today. Might be 2 or 3 days old.

Comment

There are fawns on the ground in The Commons of Lake Houston.....but it's neighborhood deer for what it's worth.

Comment

Interesting to see short range regional differences. We are a short distance E.

We have had fawns on the ground for about a month or more now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomtexsun View Post
                  There are fawns on the ground in The Commons of Lake Houston.....but it's neighborhood deer for what it's worth.
                  I wonder if there is a difference? I wouldnt think so, they are subject to the same driving forces. Better food I would think.

Comment

My place in Grapeland looks like the does could explode at any day.

Comment

Working...
                    X