No announcement yet.

Aoudad Free range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the sheep and the accomplishment.. That is no easy task even with a rifle.

Comment

Now that’s hunting! Make me miss my mountain hunting in Alaska.
      Congrats on your hard earned trophy!

Comment

Congrats!
        Post pic if you mount it

Comment

Thirty-seven yards with a stick bow ! You’re doing something right !

Comment

Wow, very cool. I want more pics and a story....

Comment

Way too cool. Congrats! The next time I chase these goats will be with my bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thats a tough animal to hunt and kill trad style! #archeryrockstar

Comment

The best way to hunt Aoudad IMO is free range, western part of the state or get ready to burn a lot gas and find them in NM.

Taking them with any bow much less a stick bow is to the extreme!

Congrats.

Comment

That is so awesome! Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. 37 yards nicely done!

Comment

Love the pack out pic. Congrats !

Comment

thanks everyone. Scottie's operation and young guide name Ryan Barnwell only 22 yo helped get us in the game. Initial shot steep ankle about 37 with range finder. he rotated almost straight away as I rose and drew. Went ahead tried to keep my concentration and put iron will on 530 gn arrow hit a little forward down between shoulder blades and into neck. Very boogered up lots blood out threw top back about 20 in penetration. rest herd evacuated area but he ran in couple circles, I rushed shot moving at 50-60 and shot over him. He went down the mountain a level and stopped, we got quick glimpse again at 37 when Ryan ranged him and I tried to shoot him again. This time I brained him because I missed my spot in the adrenaline panic. He went laid down close by and after bit we put him out of his situation. That iron will went thru below base of his rt horn and ear and penetrated 6 inches and is still in his skull on back side, had to unscrew it. It is tough hunt but I think I could get even closer and make it easier if sub 30. Top of Texas Outfitters, tell them Doc Tom sent you from 4D Outfitters. Oh and practice like crazy out to at least 40.

Comment

Working...
                          X