Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is one-sticking quiet?

You be the judge..

First off, no matter what method you use if you’re making too much noise, you’re not doing it right!
    I started one sticking this season, and I have been asked this question at least a dozen times.
    Yes ! It can be as quiet as any other method I’ve ever used. But, I don’t get in any hurry either. I always slow way down and take my time and slip in the last 1-200 yards depending on location.
    When I get to the tree I select I am very slow and methodical. I don’t care how long it takes me to get up the tree. after slipping in I’m in no rush! I don’t care if it takes me 10 minutes or 20 minutes my goal is to be as quiet and stealthy as I can.
    Today I hunted a
    new location and slipped in around noon. As normal I took my time and eased in the last couple hundred yards. I finally selected a tree in a good transition area between two thickets. Once I was completely set up, I took a couple of minutes to scan around and couldn’t believe what I saw. There was a coyote about 50 yards away, taking a nap in the sunshine the whole time. After taking a couple of videos I repelled down and slipped up on him and got a shot. Unfortunately, I miss judged the distance and my aiming spot, and only gave him a haircut. He jumped up and ran about 20 yards and looked back, and I took another shot but clipped a dang limb. He was a big male with only three legs. pretty cool experience anyways.
    No matter what method you use practice, make your equipment as quite as possible, and take your time! It’s not a race every time to get up a tree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Second pic was taken through my binos

Comment

Thats Awesome!
        Good push for hush not rush MrMadden.

Comment

great story.

Comment

Working...