No announcement yet.

82 Scrambler rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting the pics! That latch was what I needed.

Comment

Love the Scrambler!

Comment

What about using a trailer to haul the Jeep on? Not really a money saver but it could be a multi use item. I never knew that about the D300
        I just found this, might be an option. Tow the Jeep backwards and leave front hubs unlocked
        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCrCr_s68Lg"]Could The Tow Tower Be The Replacement For A Car Dolly? - YouTube[/ame]
        Last edited by brushtrooper; 05-15-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
          What about using a trailer to haul the Jeep on? Not really a money saver but it could be a multi use item. I never knew that about the D300
          I just found this, might be an option. Tow the Jeep backwards and leave front hubs unlocked
          Could The Tow Tower Be The Replacement For A Car Dolly? - YouTube

Trailer is not an option for most RV parks and flat towing is easier even when headed to the farm.

Comment

Seeing the price of these now I cant believe I ever sold my lifted 83 CJ8..

The one vehicle I regret selling to this day

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
              Seeing the price of these now I cant believe I ever sold my lifted 83 CJ8..

The one vehicle I regret selling to this day

I hear you and nearly went that way selling this and buying a newer model. Long story short, I hate the new models and I will end up way deeper in this build than I can ever recover even with the crazy Scrambler prices. I’m loving the process though even if multiple speed bumps have drastically pushed back my completion date

Comment

Very nice!!!
                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                  Very nice!!!

Dang! Look who the car dragged in!

Feel free to chime in ant suggestions you might have Hand

Comment

Looks like you've already spent the money on a t-case. Only thing that comes to mind, would be an Atlas with twin stick or the rear lock outs. I don't like the idea of drive shaft disconnects, although I know nuthin about them.

Good thing about a trailer....you can move it around with the Jeep. Cheaper than most of your options, too.
                    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Any more progress on this build?

Comment

Cool build. I know you said that you already have the cross member built but I would suggest an upgrade to a 4L80E. The 60 more than likely will be ok due to the lower weight of the jeep vs a truck but if you are getting more HP from that 5.3 than stock you might be on borrowed time. If you keep the 60 I strongly suggest getting a aftermarket transmission cooler.

Comment

So much work!

Comment

I have hit a pretty serious stall just due to life and lack of time. And the new front axle assembly was considerably late arriving which cost me a lot of time I had available.

All major parts are now in hand so this project should get back underway immediately following hunting season [emoji51]

Comment

Working...
                            X