Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in Stonewall Co and will hopefully make a few sits this year, can I join??? Deer are looking ok so far on camera, a little undecided if they are better than last year or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
      I’m in Stonewall Co and will hopefully make a few sits this year, can I join??? Deer are looking ok so far on camera, a little undecided if they are better than last year or not.
      Your IN!
      You from Merkel? Slap ole Ricki McElreath upside the head. Tell him its from Ray Jay.
      Last edited by Abcdj; 07-17-2020, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        Your IN!
        You from Merkel? Slap ole Ricki McElreath upside the head. Tell him its from Ray Jay.
        We moved outside of Merkel about 6 years ago. Not sure if I know Ricki or not, I’ve coached softball with Rode McElreath though.

Comment

We moved outside of Merkel about 6 years ago. Not sure if I know Ricki or not, I’ve coached softball with Rode McElreath though.
          Thats his dad. We played softball together back in the day. Rode is a very good golfer!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Thats his dad. We played softball together back in the day. Rode is a very good golfer!
            Ahh, then yes I’ve been around Ricki and his wife at sporting events, great people!!

Comment

I have not been to my place in Archer county in a couple of weeks but it sure looked good then. Bucks are growin great antlers. I saw baby turkey,quail n deer. I'm goin Wed. to start mowin trails n foodplots.

Comment

Most of our mature bucks, still have a ways to go. We’ll see how some of them turn out. Also have a bunch of stag out here. This guy is too young to chase this year. I have one I’ve been watching four years I’m going to try and get the landowner on. He’s a monster.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great people there Loved playing golf with Rode at Ol Tin cup in Merkel. He is a coach at Clack are Mann middle school in Abilene now !

Comment

In went last weekend to put up a new feeder and pull camera cards it is looking good for 2020 in young county

Comment

Went out to the lease Monday and Tuesday to do a lttle camp work. We have needed to under pin the trailer for awhile now so we finally got that done. Filled up some feeders, fixed a few pins and plowed up some new food plots in the far back corners. Killed a 4ft rattler at dark in camp. Makes ya keep your head on a swivel! It was 105 on Monday and only 91 with 1.5 inches of rain Tuesday afternoon.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good! Satisfying to get something done “you’ve been needing to get done for awhile”!! I can relate! Small hidden plots look awesome! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Forgot one of the plots. Weve killed a coupla good deer at this spot over the years. It's the most remote and about 1.5 miles from our fields. West of this blind there is open range for 40 miles.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ohhh yeah! Awesome spot, and view! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I've had cameras running for 3 weeks now and I'm itching to get out there and check'em!

We're lucky to have had the rain this year. I went to the hill country last weekend, and most areas south of I20 were crispy and brown, BIG brush fire burning north of Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I've had cameras running for 3 weeks now and I'm itching to get out there and check'em!

We're lucky to have had the rain this year. I went to the hill country last weekend, and most areas south of I20 were crispy and brown, BIG brush fire burning north of Brady.
                                It's been a good year for rain @ our place NE of Throckmorton as well. FarmLogs says we got 1/2" yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X