No announcement yet.

Whataburger......no good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually prefer dairy queen, if I don't feel like a burger I could get tacos, chicken and dumplings, chicken strip, steak strip, taco salad and finish with an ice cream or malt. Wataburger is good for breakfast.

Comment

When it comes to fast food, I'm eating at Whataburger, Chicken Express or Chick-fil-a. That's it.

Bet the OP is sitting in the drive thru at Burger King right now.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        Must be a young fella.....
        Egan perhaps?

Comment

Whataburger is still the best fast food burger imo. I do agree that some locations are flat out better than others though. A few In & Out Burger joints opened up in Houston and we decided to hit one up after all the hype settled down. We were disappointed to say the least.

I agree that some of the gourmet burger type places (i.e. Shake Shack, 5 Guys, Smash Burger, etc.) have better burgers. However, most of those places charge 2X as much for a burger, fries and beverage than Whataburger.

I would also agree that there are many mom & pop type places that kill it on making burgers. I just don't consider those places as fast food places.

What does this mean? Nothing really. I just think sometimes people compare Whataburger to places it really shouldn't be. Whataburger should be compared to the likes of McDonalds, Jack in the crack, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. IMO, Whataburger beats these places hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            There used to be an old fashioned burger place in one of those towns on 75, maybe Van Alstyne. Small greasy burgers in a paper sack. I remember it from like 1983-84. It had been there since the 50s.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            Bells used to have a place called Barbara's Burgers. That place was amazingly good. 3 burgers, chips and a soda for $2.95 or 3 burgers for $1.65

Click image for larger version

Name:	barbaras.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	24629991
            Last edited by BrianL; 09-18-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
              My wife is a manger at Whataburger. They pay good & I get hooked up.
              Make sure to tell her to relay to managment that the Monterrey Melt and the Pico burgers need to stay permanently on the menu!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                When it comes to fast food, I'm eating at Whataburger, Chicken Express or Chick-fil-a. That's it.

Bet the OP is sitting in the drive thru at Burger King right now.
                Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                  My son works at whataburger. Specifically the prep station, where he chops up fresh produce daily. I know this because he complains about how much onions and lettuce he has to cut. The more you know...
                  Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                  Way educate the assumption makers
                  And they still manage to suck..... Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                    Whataburger is still the best fast food burger imo. I do agree that some locations are flat out better than others though. A few In & Out Burger joints opened up in Houston and we decided to hit one up after all the hype settled down. We were disappointed to say the least.

I agree that some of the gourmet burger type places (i.e. Shake Shack, 5 Guys, Smash Burger, etc.) have better burgers. However, most of those places charge 2X as much for a burger, fries and beverage than Whataburger.

I would also agree that there are many mom & pop type places that kill it on making burgers. I just don't consider those places as fast food places.

What does this mean? Nothing really. I just think sometimes people compare Whataburger to places it really shouldn't be. Whataburger should be compared to the likes of McDonalds, Jack in the crack, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. IMO, Whataburger beats these places hands down.
                    Correct.

Comment

Ditto!
                      Why? Enlighten us. Lol.

Comment

The guy could have gotten a **** burger from them I have before. OP give them another shot. Go to a different location and order the above. Once devoured report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why? Enlighten us. Lol.

I agree with everything said. I’m not a big fast food eater but if I eat it it’s Whataburger, God’s chicken, or bushs/chicken express. Burger King, McGiggles, Taco smell ET AL are all trash IMO.

Comment

I agree with everything said. I’m not a big fast food eater but if I eat it it’s Whataburger, God’s chicken, or bushs/chicken express. Burger King, McGiggles, Taco smell ET AL are all trash IMO.
                            Well yeah but he said Chicken Express and not Bush's. I was wondering why not Bush's.

Taco Cabana has good food AND beer. Sonic and DQ have good stuff. Popeyes is good. Taco Casa is good. Arby's beef and cheddar with potato cakes. Raising Canes and Fazolis. Schlotzkys.

Comment

Well yeah but he said Chicken Express and not Bush's. I was wondering why not Bush's.

Taco Cabana has good food AND beer. Sonic and DQ have good stuff. Popeyes is good. Taco Casa is good. Arby's beef and cheddar with potato cakes. Raising Canes and Fazolis. Schlotzkys.

I can agree with those except Arby's, too many vulgar jokes have ruined my appetite for a roast beef sandwich Haven't several Taco Cabana's closed recently?

Comment

My neighbor found a band-aid in his taco salad at Taco Cabana a couple of years ago. We have called it Taco Caband-aid ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X