Walmart Savage Axis 270 Trigger Upgrade Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After putting a nice scope, getting it mounted, bore sighted, brunner and I shot it today at the lease. I’m tell you, with an upgraded trigger, it’ll be a nice addition. Only needed 6 shots and it’s gonna get meat out to 200yds. I just don’t like the trigger. Way too heavy.
    Thinking of a Timney.
    Anyone done this upgrade to a Savage Axis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think that’s the one you just trim the spring on.

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
      Think that’s the one you just trim the spring on.
      This! Just did my 22-250. Works great. Put a Timney in an older model Savage with a horrible trigger and it is a dang good gun.

Comment

I put Timney trigger‘s in my wife’s and my daughters they are both excellent takes about 15 minutes I got them from Optics planet delivered to the door for $113 each best investment you can make

Comment

Originally posted by mdb View Post
          After putting a nice scope, getting it mounted, bore sighted, brunner and I shot it today at the lease. I’m tell you, with an upgraded trigger, it’ll be a nice addition. Only needed 6 shots and it’s gonna get meat out to 200yds. I just don’t like the trigger. Way too heavy.
          Thinking of a Timney.

I ordered a spring replacement. Made a world of difference!!

Comment

I had the spring trimmed in one and it makes it just OK. Need the trigger replaced to make it right.

Comment

My savage axis 270 factory trigger was 6.5 lbs. put a timney trigger on at 3 lbs. best $115 investment

Comment

Trimmed the spring on my 22-250 and I'm at 3.2 with my brother tinkering with it. Feels really good. Buddy bought the replacement spring kit off Ebay and had similar results.

Comment

This isn't the one I went with, but is similar for only $19.95.

Savage AXIS Trigger Upgrade Pro-Kit includes everything you need to reduce your Savage AXIS Trigger Pull, adjust overtravel and eliminate the side to side wobble with Stainless Trigger Shims. Best Savage AXIS Trigger Upgrade for the money!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=mdb;15112508]After putting a nice scope, getting it mounted, bore sighted, brunner and I shot it today at the lease. I’m tell you, with an upgraded trigger, it’ll be a nice addition. Only needed 6 shots and it’s gonna get meat out to 200yds. I just don’t like the trigger. Way too heavy.
                    Thinking of a Timney.

Just order a spring kit from eBay. The seller is gorhad. I paid around $9 and it's breaking clean at around 3 lbs.

Comment

[quote=RF76;15113341]
                      Originally posted by mdb View Post
                      Thinking of a Timney.

Just order a spring kit from eBay. The seller is gorhad. I paid around $9 and it's breaking clean at around 3 lbs.

Are those triggers for all calibers in savage axis line?

And how difficult is it to replace?

And ho

Comment

[quote=RiverRat00;15113381]
                        Originally posted by RF76 View Post

Are those triggers for all calibers in savage axis line?

And how difficult is it to replace?

And ho

The trigger kit is for the axis model .. caliber does not matter. Super easy to replace ...

(Average results can vary up to +/- 1lb). Trigger shims help remove the side to side wobble in the trigger housing, greatly improving consistency and provide a cleaner break. Fits Savage Axis with Standard Trigger only Does not fit Savage AXIS Rifles with AccuTrigger.

Last edited by Smart; 09-21-2020, 05:27 AM.

Comment

I went with the MCarbo trigger kit and it was super simple to install. Both version appear to be the same deal....spring with a couple of shim's to tighten up the wobble (mine didn't have any wobble).

Comment

I did the MCarbo kit as well. Cant beat it for the price

Comment

Same as above. I installed the mccarbo kit and it wasn’t difficult at all and I’m no gunsmith. Made a big difference on the trigger pull. I’d go that route before spending $100 on a $200 gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X