Colonoscopy results 😕

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colonoscopy results 😕

So, normally I wouldn’t share my results but this is important. I’m 67 now and have been clean for ALL my previous procedures. I had an upper and lower GI done.
    First I knew I had a hietal hernia. Well it’s gotten so bad that my stomach is protruding up in the valve in my esophagus. That will have to be surgically repaired. The worst part about that is I’ll have to take a manometer test where they run a tube up your nose (while your awake) and down into your stomach. Your sinus and throat are not numbed for this. Then they measure the pressure your esophagus exerts while you swallow or gag. This tells them how tight to make the previous repair that has to be done.
    Secondly, my colon didn’t get completely clean. The doc said she could tell I tried because all but one little area was clean. She even tried scrapping the material out of the way where she could see but no luck.
    So now I have to do a two day prep. Two days without eating. Anything. And come back in a year for a repeat procedure.
    Again, I’ve been clean for all the previous colonoscopies and expected the same this time. This is why taking care of yourself is so important. You have to find these things in time. I read that left unattended a lot of polyp’s become cancerous within 10 years. Right at the time the highlights of peoples lives are occurring.
    Saddle up! Lock and load! Whatever mantra you wanna use and get it done. Peace out.

Man. Sorry you're having to go through this. I've had the nose to stomach tube thing while fully awake. Made the o'l eyes water for sure, but was nowhere near as bad as I had built it up to be in my head.

Comment

My grandma always told me "getting old isn't for sissies."

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
        Man. Sorry you're having to go through this. I've had the nose to stomach tube thing while fully awake. Made the o'l eyes water for sure, but was nowhere near as bad as I had built it up to be in my head.
        Ok. Great news on that point!

Comment

I told you the new friends you were gonna make, would want to see you again .Must have been the Aqua Velva
          If they saw anything serious. They would have kept you. Yes the Hiatal hernia is something to keep an eye out for. Go through the motions and deal with it. What is the alternative? Take care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
            I told you the new friends you were gonna make, would want to see you again .Must have been the Aqua Velva
            If they saw anything serious. They would have kept you. Yes the Hiatal hernia is something to keep an eye out for. Go through the motions and deal with it. What is the alternative? Take care of yourself.
            On the good side there were no phone numbers scribed around my b hole!

Comment

I had two hernias fixed about four years ago best thing I ever did no issues what so ever.
              And yes get your colonoscopy if your 50 or a older.

Comment

Like your Grandma said, getting old is definitely not for sissies! Good luck with the procedures and do what the Docs say!

Comment

Golyte !

Four things I learned about tubes:

In the peter, acting like you are peeing helps it go in

In the nose sniff in helps

If you get an emergency CT with contrast up the bung hole, you are screwed, maybe worse than prison.

If you have a tube in the abdomen to drain fluids after surgery, don’t scuba dive.

Goodluck bud !
                  Last edited by Voodoo; 12-08-2022, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X