Squirrels, Bobcat and Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirrels, Bobcat and Deer

I guess the majority of the deer are off the corn as the acorns are everywhere, but had about 6 or so squirrels helping themselves and then a bobcat showed up bout 30 days ago have a pic of him leaving with one in his mouth. Now no squirrels, no doe just a buck or two at night. Think that bobcat pushed everything out? I'm in east texas Yotes and bobcats are pretty common. Any thoughts?

It’s definitely possible. I’ve got more bobcats on the place I hunt in south Texas than I’ve ever seen. I’ve got em on camera with rabbits and rats in their mouths. They’re an apex predator in their own sorta way here. I’ve taken 2 over the past 18 months not even trying. If unchecked they can cause alot of damage. Last female I shot was over 25 pounds I’m guessing. Big cats can easily take down fawns and yearlings.
    I had a big cat creep up on me last year while I was in the brush blind. I caught it right before I jumped on me about 6’ from me. Scared us both to say the least.
    Last edited by BillyJack1975; 11-15-2022, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Maybe but i just started getting pics again. My deer completely went MIA after that last storm. All of our cameras were not showing anything. I’m keep a regular camera on a trail just to check any different movement. It was non stop with movement of all animals eating the acorns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Doe started to hit the feeders last night and lot of trail cam movement here.

Comment

Working...
        X