Nextlink any good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextlink any good

Looking into next links 25Mbps plan for our home. Max usage would be watching TV via roku and surfing the web on another device. Do the slow down your speed after so much data? Any experience good or bad would be appreciated

Nextlink for us was not good. Lots of downtime. Poor customer service with extremely long response time for techs to come out (up to 3 weeks). A lot of people around us had the same experiences.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have it and it's been good, I've had others and this has been the best so far.

Comment

We've been with NextLink for about 5 years now with no issues. Very little downtime, hardly any slowing, even when we have 2 computers, a gaming computer, a playstation and anywhere from 2-3 devices streaming on it. Not sure why others have had different experiences but Nextlink has been the best we've ever had (no DLS, fiber, etc as we are too rural) and we have had some BAD ones.

Comment

We had it for a couple of years, but never streamed the t. V. Used directv.

Fiber optic became available, so we dropped all others.

Only a few outages on their end, was resolved quickly. Never had issues with customer support.

I would suggest stepping up on your package speed, just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
            Looking into next links 25Mbps plan for our home. Max usage would be watching TV via roku and surfing the web on another device. Do the slow down your speed after so much data? Any experience good or bad would be appreciated
            We were going to use them but the tech who was going to do the instillation said were too far from the tower for good streaming. He said he knew I would be happy with speed. At least he was honest and didn`t just hook it up and go on down the road. They had a 30-day trial period that said if I was unhappy with them, I could disconnect for free for any reason. The guy probably knew he would be back for the disconnect and didn't want to face an unhappy customer.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
              We were going to use them but the tech who was going to do the instillation said were too far from the tower for good streaming. He said he knew I would be happy with speed. At least he was honest and didn`t just hook it up and go on down the road. They had a 30-day trial period that said if I was unhappy with them, I could disconnect for free for any reason. The guy probably knew he would be back for the disconnect and didn't want to face an unhappy customer.
              They wouldn't even do that for me. I live 1.7 miles away from tower.
              They wouldn't even look at a map when I told them I cut down the two tallest trees on the lot.

Comment

We’ve been with them for 3.5 years. I’m assuming you are looking at their rural internet.

We’ve been happy with them. It’s usually stable and when there is an outage it usually isn’t down for long.

We can usually stream to multiple TVs and my son can use his PS5 at the same time. Our TVs are hard wired though, not Wi-Fi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never had issues with them. We have the terrestrial internet. Box on roof, and overall happy with it. Might get some slow speeds in peak time and storms but usually enough that we stream without interruption.

Comment

I would look at Starlink. I can not praise it enough! We are steaming five TVs. No issues. Stupid easy to set up.

Comment

It's been the best we've ever had. Started out at 25 Mbs and it was plenty fast for just the wife and me. No throttling ever. That had been a problem with Hughesnet as they simply didn't provide enough bandwidth. We didn't have a real choice at the time. When Nextlink came along and offered unlimited bandwidth, it was a no brainer. We now host a tower on the property and have 100 Mbs service. No buffering with two movies streaming. None of the issues that come with using a satellite either.

Comment

We have NextLink but we are a "tower host". They put a tower up on the corner of our property so we get free internet service. Run anywhere from 150-200 mbs. Lots of our "neighbors" that live out around us have gotten on with them and I havent heard any complaints from any of them. Up until we went with NextLink we had tried multiple different companies over 15 years trying to get half azz internet and had zero luck with any of them.

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas, may go with next link until our energy provider gets fiber in our area.

Comment

Interesting
                            Moved over to direct stream
                            This would allow me to cut my direct tv from the ranch and just use my stream account

Save $80 a month and have internet for the kids

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                              Interesting
                              Moved over to direct stream
                              This would allow me to cut my direct tv from the ranch and just use my stream account

Save $80 a month and have internet for the kids
                              I'll look into it. Called our coop power company and they won't have fiber in my area for another 1-2 years. Called nextlink and they can't service me because of the hills close by.

Comment

Working...
                              X