Which Suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Suppressor?

Just ordered a new rifle for my wife and daughter to use. It’s an APR Maverick in 6.5 PRC.

About to order a suppressor for it. This can will be dedicated to this rifle. Which can would you get for this purpose?

I don’t want a boat anchor necessarily, but more concerned with noise reduction and accuracy than I am weight. Currently have a Harvester 300 and been happy with it, but curious if there is a better option.

I am admittedly not the most educated when it comes to suppressors.

Let’s assume cost is not a factor in the decision.

I’m a big fan of the Deadair nomad 30. Go TI if weight is big. I have a TBAC Ultra 7 in jail now. Can’t go wrong with either. My opinion, go direct thread vs an adapter.

How’s that 1ton gasser holding up?

Comment

Don't know if it's still the same as I haven't seen a more recent shootout but the YHM Resonator R2 would be my choice for extremely quiet AND affordable. I have one I use on 5.56, 6.5creed, and .308 and it is quite good.

This is a bit dated but here you go for some reference...

It isn’t easy to get 27 different rifle suppressors together for a test session. In fact, until the ATF made it faster for wholesalers and manufacturers to transfer silencers to dealers…

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
        I’m a big fan of the Deadair nomad 30. Go TI if weight is big. I have a TBAC Ultra 7 in jail now. Can’t go wrong with either. My opinion, go direct thread vs an adapter.

How’s that 1ton gasser holding up?
        Forgot to add that, I will definitely be going direct thread vs. an adapter.

And it’s been great! You wouldn’t even recognize it anymore… Lol. I had a flatbed put on and the whole truck bedlined desert tan and black. It looks sharp!

Comment

Silencer Co Omega 300, They're sweet!

The Omega 300 comes complete with direct thread and quick attach mounts as well as a removable anchor brake to reduce recoil.

Comment

Dead air Nomad LT is a good one.

On a budget the Harvester EVO is a good one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Put a Trash Panda on my wife’s new rig, they are titanium so it’s light, short and quiet. Like it better than my Dead Air Sandman for sure

Comment

Try to find one more specific to the caliber you are getting, vs. the old standard .30 bore ones.

Comment

The Omega 300 and Nomad are tough to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dead Air Nomad Ti

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      Try to find one more specific to the caliber you are getting, vs. the old standard .30 bore ones.
                      Disagree. There noise different is not worth it. Go 30 cal so it’s universal. Lots can swap end caps if that is your thing. But it’s not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Disagree. There noise different is not worth it. Go 30 cal so it’s universal. Lots can swap end caps if that is your thing. But it’s not worth it.
                        He commented this can would be dedicated to this specific rifle.

I would agree with you otherwise.

Comment

Nomad TI

Comment

OP, go as short as you can go on your barrel length on the rifle as well. Anything over ~18” + can, gets pretty long. You mentioned a dedicated setup, so I was going to suggest a thread on mount, but if you get a longer barrel, you might want to look at a QD mount for transporting.

Comment

Nomad TI

Comment

Working...
                              X