First Buck & First Kiss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Buck & First Kiss.

OK so here is a little recap from yesterday evenings hunt. Ruben my 7yr old was up to bat. Several deer came in but there was a buck that had been showing up every evening that had Ruben's name on it. The buck creeped right in and Ruben takes his shot under my direction and unfortunately his little face was too close to the scope and he got "kissed" everything went hectic from there as Ruben was bleeding like a stuck pig and he had clearly missed his buck. What a gutless feeling as a Dad to see my little one bleeding and crying as his buck walked off into the woods. My PRIORITY switched to getting Ruben taken care of so that is what we did. We got him home and cleaned up, superglued his forehead together and decided to replay the video. Ruben said "SEE I TOLD YOU I SHOT HIM" and sure enough he did, just a little further back than desired but I knew come morning that deer would be dead. Sleep lastnight was difficult thinking about Ruben having a scar on his baby face... I had to find his buck! So this morning Augie, Ernie, and myself went back to the same stand where we encountered several more bucks and Augie put the hammer down on a nice little 9 point. We gathered our things and went to the woods in search of Ruben's buck. He laid just 150 yards from where he was shot and when we sent Ruben the pictures this morning he was ecstatic!!! My point of the story is as a parent we will deal with hardships it is how we handle them is what counts. Ruben will carry that scar for the rest of his life and I am at fault for that... but I promise one thing is that every conversation surrounding that scar will lead to the hunt and how he killed his very first buck! As a dad I couldn't be more proud of these boys they make all the hard days worth it...
    Attached Files

Super Cool!!!! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats and great pics!

Comment

Good stuff. Young Ruben will proudly wear that scar for as long as it lasts. He'll remember that hunt of his whole life. Nice work.

Comment

Congrats to the young men on getting their bucks

I got too close to the scope before but I would not call it a kiss, more like backhanded

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Character mark Congrats young man!

Comment

Congratulations, that is a great story and he will carry that little scope scar with pride!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome job Dad! Seeing all of those smiles and Awesome memories made!

Comment

Chics dig scares.

Congrats to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Judging by that smile, he couldn’t care less about that cut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to the young men!!

Comment

That’s not a kiss, it’s a battle scar to be proud of! Great way to spend time with the family.

Comment

Awesome smiles all around, I bet they'll be reliving that weekend for a long time.

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X