Game wardens may need warrant now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game wardens may need warrant now

Looks like federal court has declared a warrant is necessary to search private property.
    The case is on appeal though

Is it OK for wardens to plant trail cams on private property to spy on you? This Tennessee hunter didn't think so—and a court agreed.

Daaang- poachers would go crazy. R.I.P. deer herd Etc. ETc.

Comment

Not good

Comment

That article is infuriating.

They need search warrants. I can’t stand the thought that law enforcement (the government) feels like they can barge in on my property unannounced. They’re the only reason I lock the gate when I’m at deer camp.

They can walk up the hills if they feel the need to harass me.

Comment

yall know they need a warrant to come in your house already. Right?

Comment

It’s a step in a good direction probably overall. Wildlife shouldn’t be a way of cash flow for the state. It should be private property to the people that pay to manage and maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
              Not good
              Why, can’t we be afforded constitutional rights across the board ?

Comment

Good

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                  That article is infuriating.

They need search warrants. I can’t stand the thought that law enforcement (the government) feels like they can barge in on my property unannounced. They’re the only reason I lock the gate when I’m at deer camp.

They can walk up the hills if they feel the need to harass me.
                  Since many aren’t hunting anyways, they are partying and banging a mistress, it ain’t right to walk in without a warrant.

Comment

Heck, I gave them the combination to my place. They are welcome anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                      Heck, I gave them the combination to my place. They are welcome anytime.
                      Why?

Did you give the combo to the local sheriff, constable, dea, atf, and fbi too?

Comment

Y’all are sticking up for a poacher

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Why?

Did you give the combo to the local sheriff, constable, dea, atf, and fbi too?
                          No, just to the game worden and border patrol agent. They are both welcome anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                            No, just to the game worden and border patrol agent. They are both welcome anytime.
                            Still didn’t say why? You’re fine with them just showing up day or night unannounced and coming onto your property. I was just wondering why

Are you also ok with them setting up surveillance cameras like the article talked about?

Comment

To cross over onto private property and place surveillance equipment law enforcement in Tx has always needed warrant or permission. Game Wardens have no different search and seizure powers than any other LE in Tx

Comment

Working...
                              X