Hagerman Segment B 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman Segment B 2022

I haven't seen a thread for Segment B yet, so figured I would make one. I am pretty pumped. I've been following the Hagerman thread since joining TBH and always enjoy watching the adventure. I always hoped one day I would get to hunt the Hag, but figured it was probably a ways off. I got dang lucky and drew this year with only 3 points.

My to-do list includes buying or making a trailer for my bike, scouting, taking the Bowhunters Safety course and practicing with my bow. I've already added a new-to-me single pin Spot Hogg Fast Eddie on my bow and got it dialed in at Cinamon Creek Ranch this past Tuesday. Will continue practicing at all distances in an area by my house.

As far as scouting goes, I won the hog hunt this past March. I did a bunch of scouting, but unfortunately, the units I scouted are not open for Deer. I really hope I get a chance to get out there prior to the hunt, but my time may not allow it. I am going to scour Google Earth and any other resources online during my downtime at night. This is the hunt I've been waiting for!

Who else was drawn for Segment B?

Good luck
    Have never put in for H, now that I live within 10 miles I may need to.
    Never even stepped foot on it until this year, very cool place.
    I always enjoy following the live hunts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

first time to draw for me....made 1 trip up last weekend to get a little lay of the land and hope to make a handful more trips between now and november.

Comment

I'm in for Seg B. First time hunting Hagerman. Planning to scout on Saturday. Will also make a few other trips before the hunt date

Comment

In for segment B myself. Live about 35-45 minutes from Haggerman depending on which side. I put 4 hours in Sunday and have a lot more to do.

Like some have said already there are some serious legless lizards in there. Came across 2 Boone and Crockett class cottonmouths Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducknbass View Post
            In for segment B myself. Live about 35-45 minutes from Haggerman depending on which side. I put 4 hours in Sunday and have a lot more to do.

Like some have said already there are some serious legless lizards in there. Came across 2 Boone and Crockett class cottonmouths Sunday.
            thats enough to keep me out of there till it gets cold.

Comment

I think I’m seg A. Weekend of November 4th. 5th time for deer. Had some really close calls with nice bucks. Hoping this year is my year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bowhunter's education certification completed! Was at Walmart and bought some spray paint to paint my bike camo. :P

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  Bowhunter's education certification completed! Was at Walmart and bought some spray paint to paint my bike camo. :P
                  I suggest you ride your bike in full gear in the dark down the bumpiest trail you can find to get a feel for what it will be like riding out there. I know of several people who nearly abandoned the hunt entirely because they kept crashing and getting things hung up on the way on.

Friday morning is no time to find out your limits.

Comment

Good idea. I plan on doing some scouting of a few areas I've picked out hopefully in the next week or two.

Comment

I hunted the Hagerman in the early 1990s. Love that place! Had some close calls with some really good bucks. I knew I shoulda hunted from the ground instead of taking that stupid tree stand! Still, one of the top 5 biggest bucks I've ever laid eyes on I saw there.

Thanks for the thread, even though I don't put in for it, I still love to follow.

Comment

I've probably put about 30 hours of scouting aerial maps. I have about 11 spots I want to check out. Hopefully, I can get boots on the ground soon.

Comment

Anyone know when we should expect an email for the Online Hunter Orientation?

Comment

Originally posted by crek1311 View Post
                            Anyone know when we should expect an email for the Online Hunter Orientation?
                            Tuesday, October 11th and Thursday, October 20th. Each presentation will be from 6:00PM to 7:30PM using Microsoft Teams (instructions on how to participate and a link will follow in a separate email). The email just came out earlier today.

Comment

NOTE: The speed limit on refuge roads is 20 mph and is radar-enforced.

^^ I can attest to that During the pig hunt in March I didn't know and got the cherries and berries. Luckily, it was just a warning flash. My passenger said, "yeah there was a sign back there that said 20 mph"...coulda told me!

Comment

Working...
                              X