2022 Texas high-school football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Texas high-school football

Anyone else getting ready for some Friday night lights?

We come in #2 behind Carthage university preseason. We graduated alot of talent but have some left who were back to back state contenders. A few new faces who's gonna show out big this year. Let gooo.

Can’t wait. The boy has been doing workouts all summer and they drew equipment this morning. 2 a days start Monday morning at 5:45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gotta love those Friday Night Lights!

That's the only reason I keep my Texan Live Streaming Subscription active

Comment

My oldest will be a freshman this year at Caddo Mills, pumped to get the season started. They kick it off Sunday at midnight with a 2 hr Midnight Madness practice and a 1hr workout afterwards.

Comment

I’m ready. Will be interesting to see if WO-S continues success or if it falls off after our HC retired. Will be the first time in the schools 45 year history we won’t have a coach on the sidelines that’s been there since the two schools (West Orange and Stark High) merged in 1977.

Comment

Yea Sir! New head coach in Salado (small 4A)- Tom Westerberg (4 state championships from Allen). It’s going to be a fun season in a new district.

Comment

midnight madness turned out to be very cool, my son was pumped before and after. they had the cheerleaders out surrounding the gate when the boys got off the bus, parents and siblings in the stands like a friday night game. they finished it off from 2-3am with a little workout.

the 630am practices start tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                midnight madness turned out to be very cool, my son was pumped before and after. they had the cheerleaders out surrounding the gate when the boys got off the bus, parents and siblings in the stands like a friday night game. they finished it off from 2-3am with a little workout.

the 630am practices start tomorrow.
                No fanfare at Lake Travis. Freshman start today around 2:00. Had a bunch of parents text last night asking if I was going to watch practice. I replied, "Man, I don't want to watch practice, coaches don't want you there to watch practice, it will be 105 degrees. . . plenty of reason not to watch practice. I will not be watching practice." They will be there in force. ;-)

Comment

My son will be a junior at Huffman Hargrave HS. He's worked really hard all summer on strength, speed, and footwork. They got started this morning at 7am.

I've been officiating HS football for many years and I love it, but I'm taking the next two years off and am so excited to experience Friday night lights from the stands as dad.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                    No fanfare at Lake Travis. Freshman start today around 2:00. Had a bunch of parents text last night asking if I was going to watch practice. I replied, "Man, I don't want to watch practice, coaches don't want you there to watch practice, it will be 105 degrees. . . plenty of reason not to watch practice. I will not be watching practice." They will be there in force. ;-)
                    i get it it was a nice and cool 90 or so with a little breeze at 2am last night so it wasnt bad.

Comment

I'm excited for HS football this year. My son-in-law is the new head coach at Goldthwaite. Good luck Andy Howard. Go Eagles!

Comment

Been there and done that, miss it. Nothing like Friday Night Lights. Now I have Friday Night Gym Lights for Volleyball. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          i get it it was a nice and cool 90 or so with a little breeze at 2am last night so it wasnt bad.
                          I would have gone to midnight madness. You were expected/invited to be there. Most coaches don’t want parents going to every practice then telling them how good little Johnny is as they walk by. :-). . . or post how little Johnny is grinding, with video, EVERY day of summer.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            I would have gone to midnight madness. You were expected/invited to be there. Most coaches don’t want parents going to every practice then telling them how good little Johnny is as they walk by. :-). . . or post how little Johnny is grinding, with video, EVERY day of summer.

I don’t understand the guys who want to or have time to go watch practice everyday.

Midnight madness would have been a cool thing for sure though.

Comment

Still a tad early for me, but I’ll be ready to watch my Franklin Lions play by the end of August.
                              Franklin moved up to 3A Division I and they are ranked at #2 in the state. Hoping they make another run for a state title.

Comment

Working...
                              X