East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    This. The bucks in Polk county will start transitioning in the next 2-3 weeks to their winter grounds and you’ll get an opportunity to see how well your neighbors have been feeding them. You have plenty of bait according to the picture. Patience is a virtue in ET. Good luck to ya.

Good deal! Their bedding area is about 500 yards behind the feeder so I do know that. I’ll setup another hang on between the feeder and them and hope to catch one slip up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
      Good deal! Their bedding area is about 500 yards behind the feeder so I do know that. I’ll setup another hang on between the feeder and them and hope to catch one slip up.

I would advise not to get to close to their bedding areas. These deer are crafty and it doesn’t take much activity at all to shut their daytime activity down completely.

Comment

A limb came down but first pic of a buck all summer, and I have quite a few more of him chewing on corn today. Guess all I need to do is rant on TBH for bucks to show up lol. Hoping his dad comes along sooner or later.

Comment

FINALLY got my EZ Feeder and pen up (pens 10 panels so HOPEFULLY they feel comfortable in it). Pigs had destroyed the area under the feeder that was there before and I’m sure this fella is none too pleased about being shut out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6FECF28C-0E65-47CA-B114-A5D485FFFF0A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	24692277

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            This. The bucks in Polk county will start transitioning in the next 2-3 weeks to their winter grounds and you’ll get an opportunity to see how well your neighbors have been feeding them. You have plenty of bait according to the picture. Patience is a virtue in ET. Good luck to ya.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Had another young buck and a spike show up this morning!

Comment

Oaks are loaded on our place. Biggest White Oak crop I've seen in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post

Same here. Sad thing is we lost A LOT of huge white oaks and small to medium reds due to drought… a lot! But every white variety we got that lived is LOADED

Comment

Yeah, that GarGuy fellow that said we dont have many acorns was wrong! After the rains, they have really developed . SNOWFLAKEKILLA was right.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Yeah, that GarGuy fellow that said we dont have many acorns was wrong! After the rains, they have really developed . SNOWFLAKEKILLA was right.

Lol every tree I see is loaded compared to years past. Going to be some tough sledding at times.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post

Been years since I’ve seen any white oaks. I’m ready, our newton lease is full of them. Good luck.

Comment

Havent toured our place to see about acorns but my yard is full.

Comment

October 1st is getting close. I have two shooter bucks, however they are only coming in at night right now. I sure hope this weather change gets them to change their patterns. If not I plan to spend opening morning on my hog stand. Last thing I want to do is bust one of my shooters out knowing he wont show up in daylight hours. I wish I could figure out his travel route so I could cut him off as I know he is somewhere during daylight I just dont think I could get in without buggering him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                            October 1st is getting close. I have two shooter bucks, however they are only coming in at night right now. I sure hope this weather change gets them to change their patterns. If not I plan to spend opening morning on my hog stand. Last thing I want to do is bust one of my shooters out knowing he wont show up in daylight hours. I wish I could figure out his travel route so I could cut him off as I know he is somewhere during daylight I just dont think I could get in without buggering him up.
                            The 2020 season had me in the same situation as you. My shooter returned in late September from the year before and he was within the age structure that we wanted. Problem was he was a night walker. For 2 months I would get several pictures a week but never in shooting light. On Thanksgiving morning I killed him at 8:00 am. He was the only deer I had seen all morning. Hang in there buddy. You never know what will happen if minimum pressure is put on them.

Comment

Worth entering if you are in the counties below.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Worth entering if you are in the counties below.

Im interested as long as you dont enter

Comment

Working...
                                X