No announcement yet.

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m at the deer lease now, gonna bring the camper home tomorrow so I can wash it down before we go next weekend.

Gonna be one expensive-*** trip with diesel prices. I’m just glad it’s half the distance of where we went last year.

Comment

Last week we were at Rocky Creek Park on Lake Somerville from Sunday and left Thursday. Great weather and not many people. Fires in the evening and just overall relaxing trip. Close to home too. Gas is playing into where we go this year. Got photos of the trip here if anyone cares to look.

Bald eagle nest

Last edited by Bill M; 03-06-2022, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
          Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing

You're welcome. I'll be coming to Murphy Park in your town in late April/early May for the nesting birds there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
            You're welcome. I'll be coming to Murphy Park in your town in late April/early May for the nesting birds there.
            What type of birds specifically come to Murphy Park? Is it those white birds? I know they make a mess of nearby houses and damage trees around the park.

Last edited by ateague11; 03-07-2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

We are headed to Summit Vacation & RV Resort 3/12 the 3/16. Anyone been here? Plan to hang out and try my luck at some trout fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                My wife and i are planning to head up the east coast, destination Maine with ours this spring. Not sure how long will be gone, we are going to plan as we go. Hoping getting campsites with no reservations is not too big of a problem. I will carry a generator to use as needed
                You may have trouble getting into a site in Maine depending on when you go. A couple of years ago we met friends there and had to get our reservations about eight months before we went and still had to go to two different RV parks for our ten days.
                One our nicer trips though.

Comment

Taking my two youngest girls Friday-Tuesday to jellystone in Kerville, bought a new redwood fifth wheel in November and this will be the first time to take it out, might be a little chilly first few days as a strong norther is blowing through.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                    Taking my two youngest girls Friday-Tuesday to jellystone in Kerville, bought a new redwood fifth wheel in November and this will be the first time to take it out, might be a little chilly first few days as a strong norther is blowing through.
                    I have been watching the weather as well. Hopefully its a short lived cold snap and warms back up quickly by Sunday thru earlier next week.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                      What type of birds specifically come to Murphy Park? Is it those white birds? I know they make a mess of nearby houses and damage trees around the park.

https://www.ci.taylor.tx.us/576/Egret-Nuisances

I'm not surprised. There are actually several types there. They basically nest on the island. Gets to smelling ripe by the end of season. I would image they could mess things up pretty good.

Comment

Stayed close last week, spent 3 nights at Loyd Park- Joe Pool, nice getaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                          Last week we were at Rocky Creek Park on Lake Somerville from Sunday and left Thursday. Great weather and not many people. Fires in the evening and just overall relaxing trip. Close to home too. Gas is playing into where we go this year. Got photos of the trip here if anyone cares to look.

Bald eagle nest

When we were in Birch Creek, we went over to Rocky Creek and checked it out and wrote down the spaces we liked for when we go back.
                          Lesto!!

Comment

We stayed at a little place called Sugar Hill RV resort near Anna Texas this past weekend. It’s mostly long-term folks, but well set up for weekenders as well. We were there for a baseball tournament, and there’s not much reason to be in that area otherwise, but it was a really nice place with really nice ownership. The heated pool and hot tub were very nice after a long day at the ballfields. Nice quiet place with very nice views so close to the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-07-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

We are going to be at Canyon rim RV park next week, at the rim of the Palo Duro canyon. I’m really looking forward to seeing the canyon, zip lining, hiking some of its trails, and checking out all the surrounding history that area provides for a Texas history nerd.

I grenaded one of the chyna bomb tires on the way home last night, luckily it didn’t tear anything else up. Got 4 new American made 10 plys this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-07-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Working...
                                X