The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
    Very nice. Still don't understand why W12 is a twist cap.
    Agree. I have several bottles of 107 that are twist cap. They recently made the switch and now I have several of both.

Comment

[ATTACH]1111886[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1111887[/ATTACH]

Comment

Us Louisiana boys are coming to shoot all your deer and buy all your good bourbon[emoji23]

Shocked I was able to find 18 on the shelf today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Word to the wise. Constellation acquired High West this year and has monkeyed with the brand's most well known offering, Midwinter Night's Dram. The phrases "not chill filtered" and "no coloring or flavoring added" were deleted from the back label. There's a lot of speculation as to what that actually means. There's no speculation as to the end result. It's not good and on top of that, the price was doubled. I'm just mentioning this so everyone's advised!

Comment

Anyone tried that King Ranch. I just grabbed a bottle and can’t decide if I want to drink it or give it as a gift

Comment

It is a good pour. Bought a few for Christmas gifts.

Comment

Anyone tried that King Ranch. I just grabbed a bottle and can’t decide if I want to drink it or give it as a gift

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  Retail?

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                    I’m wondering the same thing…

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Us Louisiana boys are coming to shoot all your deer and buy all your good bourbon[emoji23]

I found one today for $300. I couldn’t bring myself to buy it.

The same store did have this though that I did buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                        Retail?

I think retail is $150 and I picked it up for $179 at a small town liquor store.

Comment

[quote=Bayouboy;16543222]
                          Originally posted by Lucky333 View Post
                          Here are a couple gifts from my wife. The blantons was for my birthday and the horse soldier for our anniversary. Can you tell she likes horses? I've never had either one so I'm really looking forward to trying them.

Horse Soldier is excellent. And, a great story on how it all started. I have emptied a lot of bottles of Horse Soldier.
                          Horse Soldier is good, but they're still outsourcing, yes? Have they been around long enough to have tapped their own spirits yet?

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post

I have a few bottles, it's not bad. It didn't blow anyone's socks off but no one disliked it either.

Comment

I would be willing to trade either or both of these for some high end bourbons. More of a bourbon guy then rye

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post

I would be willing to trade either or both of these for some high end bourbons. More of a bourbon guy then rye

I'll trade you an Old Grand Dad all the way from CA!

Comment

Working...
                                X