Air Fried Venison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Fried Venison

I know some of y’all have tried it. Does it turn out as well as frying it in the old cast iron skillet?

If doing just salt and pepper or your fav seasoning then yes, I’ve done it and it comes out great. If you’re thinking you’re gonna bread it in flour and fry it in there you’ll be disappointed. At least I have been. Maybe someone has the trick to making it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s not as good as cast iron.

Comment

IMO, nothing beats the old fashion “chicken frying”. Besides, it’s hard to get gravy for your mashed taters from an air fryer.

Comment

Tagged.
          Chicken fried or go home. I have looked all over without any luck on how to bread it and air fryer it.

Comment

I dip in egg then flour and air fry. It’s good, but not quite as good as grease in the cast iron pan.

Comment

Did some filets in an airfryer for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Simply seasoned lightly and cooked at 400 for 7 minutes. They were cooked perfectly as far as "doneness", med/rare. Tasted great, family loved them, but not as good IMO as old fashioned skillet frying!! But likely healthier!!

Comment

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
                Did some filets in an airfryer for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Simply seasoned lightly and cooked at 400 for 7 minutes. They were cooked perfectly as far as "doneness", med/rare. Tasted great, family loved them, but not as good IMO as old fashioned skillet frying!! But likely healthier!!
                Correct.

Like other comments, you can’t make it taste like it if fried in oil because…. it isn’t fried in oil.

The benefit is that it isn’t fried in oil.

I have made some tasty food in an air fryer but none is ever quite as good as drenched in sizzling oil. I remember many years ago seeing that doctors have discovered that the only problem with fat is that it tastes good whether animal or vegetable.

It really can’t be copied. Air frying can taste great but never as good as pan fried.

Air frying is healthier and is typically much easier to clean up instead of spattering grease/oil going everywhere. Certainly an outdoor Cajun cooker can remedy that.

Is air frying tasty with many dishes? Yes.

Will it ever taste the same as pan fried? No.

Comment

When it comes to trying to make “rich” recipes healthy my experienced advice is don’t. It will never taste even close. Just enjoy your rich meals as they were intended to be savored and eat them in moderation. I spent years trying to perfect turning rich meals and desserts into “healthy” and finally came to this conclusion.

Now go fry up that CFS and dont be shy about adding butter to your gravy. Just put some time in between your next batch and enjoy.

Comment

Plenty good !
                    But nothing same as the original.

Comment

That settles it then. I will not be giving up the hot grease.

Thanks for all who replied

Comment

I need to try the "Air Fry" method..
                        I've salt and peppered venison back strap and steak cuts and then broiled it in the oven for a few minutes and it's wonderful with ketchup..
                        Just don't over cook.. Med med/rare is best..

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          It’s not as good as cast iron.
                          this

Comment

I will occasionally cube some up to nugget sized bites. blend up a bag of spicy and a bag of mild pork rinds to use as the breading, mix spicy/mild about 65/35, and cook in the air fryer. the family loves it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MicrosoftTeams-image (5).png
Views:	1
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	24700469

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                              I will occasionally cube some up to nugget sized bites. blend up a bag of spicy and a bag of mild pork rinds to use as the breading, mix spicy/mild about 65/35, and cook in the air fryer. the family loves it.

[ATTACH]1111651[/ATTACH]
                              Now that looks good.

Comment

Working...
                              X