No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunter’s Thread 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a dinosaur. That dude has to be 9 or 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
      What a dinosaur. That dude has to be 9 or 10.

He was an old one for sure. Teeth didn’t show it but he was up there. This younger boy of mine always likes going after “something different”. I’ve given him the opportunity to shoot some nice bucks but he’d rather kill wonky culls. He killed this one earlier this year but the trail cam pic is his target buck this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        I will be heading down Wednesday and hope to see some rutting activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don’t you have a 4th qtr quota to hit. JK. Good luck. Keep the pictures rolling for us stuck on the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
          Don’t you have a 4th qtr quota to hit. JK. Good luck. Keep the pictures rolling for us stuck on the job.

Hahahah. Yeah I’m working two days a week then at the ranch for 6 days then a whole week at work.

Been working my *** off cleaning up the place. Spent too many years just working on the hunting lanes and senderos.

Scooped out one of our smaller water tanks and we did the big one earlier. Gonna is the big one to float around in during the summer.

Stared organizing and cleaning out the shop. Tore out the old shop sink and cabinets because all they did was collect rats and mice.

Started putting lighting up and making a skinning rack because I’m tired of doing it on the front of
          a tractor or over a branch.

Ordered an electric winch that I will be installing this week along with two more lights.

Ordered a stainless table and will install a hand sink.

Concrete slab will come next year with a nice fire pit in case we want to hang out over there.

Bought a Jeep from Chuy and we attached the high rack and moved it back for taller folks. We alsowelded a ASF feeder to the front bumper. A

Basically just been doing a ton of stuff instead of sitting our butts on the couch and watching TV between hunts.
          Last edited by Black Ice; 12-03-2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice management buck taken this morning in Webb county. 6.5+ and 250lbs. Protein hog to say the least. 142”

Comment

Congrats.Heck of a management buck right there. A heavy son of gun too. We still haven’t broke the 250 mark yet, gotten close but no cigars yet.

Comment

Congrats.Heck of a management buck right there. A heavy son of gun too. We still haven’t broke the 250 mark yet, gotten close but no cigars yet.

We are right at 200lbs on bucks and 100lbs on does.

Finally killed a doe that went 112 this year which is the biggest I’ve ever weighed.

Started feeding cotton seed in the spring and not sure how long it takes to see difference in body weight.

Last edited by Black Ice; 12-04-2022, 03:22 PM.

Comment

SS was spot on with the new bucks showing up comment. Watching cameras all weekend has been entertaining.

Comment

This will most likely be the last couple weeks of good weights for us as they will soon be thinning out pretty good. Two culls taken this weekend and both had live weights of 213.

Comment

This will most likely be the last couple weeks of good weights for us as they will soon be thinning out pretty good. Two culls taken this weekend and both had live weights of 213.

I’ve got a big 7 I may end up taking if he shows.

Comment

Things have slowed down for us over the last week or two. Same ol bucks on camera and we're not even seeing them as much as we have been.

Comment

finally made it down this last weekend.

We knocked down a 6pt. 8 missing brows. Hogs and Javi all over the place.
                            Calves looked OK Heifers are on their last leg.
                            Talked to the Game warden Sunday morning as we were pulling out.
                            He said deer were OK. But the wet over the weekend was dang sure nice.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                              finally made it down this last weekend.

We knocked down a 6pt. 8 missing brows. Hogs and Javi all over the place.
                              Calves looked OK Heifers are on their last leg.
                              Talked to the Game warden Sunday morning as we were pulling out.
                              He said deer were OK. But the wet over the weekend was dang sure nice.

LOL. Those turds must have been moving this weekend.

Comment

Our horns are WAY down. On our particular pasture we have had exactly 7.9" of rain total for the months of March, April, May, and June for the last four years. That is 16 months of prime antler growing and last year we had absolutely zero rain those four months. We have a lot of 6, 7, and 8 yr old deer because our fawn crops were great those years they were born. Just no horns! My son did run an arrow through an old buck we have let go because he was really unique. He went way down hill also but is a really neat 6 pt. Also saw a lot more fighting for this early in the year but really it was one buck picking fights (4 of them) with several different bucks. Kept getting whipped but coming back for more!

Fight video
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X