No announcement yet.

Wifes 40th, need HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What time of year- wife and I spent several months traveling National Parks and maybe I can point you the right direction. We did some amazing hikes and stayed at mostly Air BnB places that were very nice. I posted some a lot of our NW trip and if you questions reach out.

Comment

Lake Tahoe as has been mentioned is beautiful. So is Yosemite, Mt. Lassen, Mt. Shasta, Carmel, California. Other than it being in California, these are some very beautiful spots. I've been to all of them, cannot go wrong with any of them. Fly into San Fran, rent a car and go. It will blow your mind how beautiful Northern California is, Good luck

Comment

Hard to recommend a location without knowing where all she's already been. I'd recommend seeing the Idaho panhandle before the Californians completely ruin it. Late April gets you the spring melt... really cool with waterfalls everywhere and raging rivers, but that also complicates travel on a lot of the forest roads. Easy enough to fly into Spokane and tour over to Sandpoint and then up through Bonner's Ferry, ID and over to Eureka and Whitefish, MT and back down to Spokane over the course of a four day weekend.

Comment

Fly her to Prince of Wales Island in Alaska. Rent a place for a week, hike, fish, and tour the island/towns.

Comment

Y’all are way to good to your wives, I just take mine to Walmart and sit in the car and wait on her. She gets the grief and I get the entertainment !

Comment

We as some friends that flew into Salt Lake City rented a camper van (one of the off road styles) and traveled around and hit many of the NP’s and sights in the area did lots of hiking

Might be an idea

Comment

Tetons

Comment

Looks like Reba is in California April 1st. She has a lot of dates booked for 2023 in March and April already. Might take a look at those close to bday and let that help ya with location.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                    this isn't travel but you can always get her a nice shotgun for $3K, and depending on her hobbies you may get it back later as your own.
                    He said >3k. So sky's the limit it appears

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

She loves nature and hiking, right? Take her to Iceland. You will get the Northern Lights, waterfalls, black sand beaches, volcanoes, etc. You might be able to do 5-7 days there on your $3k budget depending on how well you plan the trip.

Good luck!

Comment

Santa Fe. Art, shopping, dining, hiking, etc. Everything your wife likes that you don’t plus in April it’s not 175 degrees.

Comment

Here's something??? Reba McEntire in Salt Lake City March 25. You could stay in Park City or Deer Valley and be close....or stay in Sundance (Robert Redford's Place). Park City and Deer Valley are just up the road from SLC. Sundance is going to be more of a drive. If you go to PC...stop by Wasatch Brewery and try their Hefeweizen or one of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                            He said >3k. So sky's the limit it appears

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            Thats why i highlighted it! Heck, lots of GREAT stuff mentioned and all can fit a GREATER THAN budget!
                            Just messing with the OP.......i am sure you will find something great with that much time. I had about 2 weeks to figure out my wives 30 days of bday celebration!

Comment

Not sure when the B-day is, but most naturally breathtaking thing I have witnessed was Yosemite.

Spend 3-4 days in and around there. If a serious hiker/camper, plan a trip into the backcountry following the JMT.

At a min, do all the stops in the valley, the grove, and along the high road. Take a day to jump a shuttle to glacier point, and take the Panorama trail back to the valley.

Early spring at first snow melt is what I would shoot for for when the waterfalls start opening up. The later in the season it gets, the busier it gets. It can get REAL a busy.

Comment

Working...
                              X