This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Didn't you just do somethig similar to what you called Bob out for living rent free?
    BoB lives in his head. Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
      Ewers there....Manning next up....Card wasn't gonna play
      Not building a hierarchy of QB's is big problem. Sark should have rolled through the pains with Card instead of giving in and playing INT king Thompson.

And at this point, in my mind, Ewers has not proven much of anything, and for sure Manning hasn't proven anything. We are in for a lot of hurt unless Ewers can get it together and be the QB lots of people think he can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Anyone with actual four or five star talent, is playing…or very close to playing. If they aren’t it’s because they are lazy, injured, or won’t do what the coach asks. The exception being the quarterback position in some cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Not exactly! Finebaum did a review of how many 4 and 5's were stacked at Bama and Georgia a few years ago. Also, some of the northern teams had the same scenario. Not talking 2 deep.....but 3 and 4 deep! Everyone will NOT see the field in those scenarios. Especially in the skilled positions. Guys play 1 year and go to NFL......i.e. BAMA was notorious for this. These same guys want to play earlier in their college time and leave with more stats.....which is a good thing for fans. It also spreads out the talent, thus teams that never had a chance in heck to be relevant are now starting to make serious waves.....which is also good for the fans & schools. The portal has more upside for thousands of young than downside, as everyone has their reasons for using it..........and YES.....I am sure some are "lazy!"

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Not exactly! Finebaum did a review of how many 4 and 5's were stacked at Bama and Georgia a few years ago. Also, some of the northern teams had the same scenario. Not talking 2 deep.....but 3 and 4 deep! Everyone will NOT see the field in those scenarios. Especially in the skilled positions. Guys play 1 year and go to NFL......i.e. BAMA was notorious for this. These same guys want to play earlier in their college time and leave with more stats.....which is a good thing for fans. It also spreads out the talent, thus teams that never had a chance in heck to be relevant are now starting to make serious waves.....which is also good for the fans & schools. The portal has more upside for thousands of young than downside, as everyone has their reasons for using it..........and YES.....I am sure some are "lazy!"
          Nobody has real players 4 deep at every position. There are literally not enough scholarships for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

I repeat “actual 4 or 5 star talent”. Nobody is three deep at four*town across the book, nobody. Also, Paul Finebaum is a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
              Portal Update: Looks like all backups for both teams, or guys who didnt play this year

A&M
              - RB LJ Johnson
              - WR Chase Lane
              - DE Elijah Juedy
              - DE Donnell Harris
              - K Caden Davis

Texas
              - LB Prince Dorbah
              - S JD Coffey
              - WR Troy Omeire
              - DE Derrick Harris
              - OL Andrej Karic
              - QB Hudson Card

LSU win may have saved our exodus. Looks like statements of our talent demise were overstated.

There will be more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Who gives a ratz arse about the pothole!
                Bigger issues are upon us. Sad sad news for us TRUE college football fans. No more Tuesday night or Wednesday night MACtion games

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  Nobody has real players 4 deep at every position. There are literally not enough scholarships for that.
                  thats true, but it is amazing how leading programs 2nd stringers can run ruff shod on lesser programs. The point is the portal actually will give lesser programs a chance.........literally spread the talent out. It aint perfect but it aint the doom & gloom folks call it

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    I repeat “actual 4 or 5 star talent”. Nobody is three deep at four*town across the book, nobody. Also, Paul Finebaum is a moron.

Paul is a talking head for the SEC and excels at it. Moron...... i doubt he is even close to that moniker. Heck, seems like a GREAT gig to me. Congrats to him for figuring out how to monetize his passion.

Comment

Oscar...please stay on the thread. Love reading your posts.

Comment

Texas at 20.

Played 3 CURRENT top 10 teams.

Lost to one by 1 point. Lost to another by 7 and beat 1 by 7.

No moral victories.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Texas at 20.

Played 3 CURRENT top 10 teams.

Lost to one by 1 point. Lost to another by 7 and beat 1 by 7.

No moral victories.

Lost to OK St and Tech. That's bad as losing to Samford again, [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            Who gives a ratz arse about the pothole!
                            Bigger issues are upon us. Sad sad news for us TRUE college football fans. No more Tuesday night or Wednesday night MACtion games

What happened there?

Comment

Why are some saying Whittington will be gone? He is classified as a junior, and has his covid year remaining? What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                                Why are some saying Whittington will be gone? He is classified as a junior, and has his covid year remaining? What am I missing?

He participated in senior day. He’s not coming back.

Comment

Working...
                                X