• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Club Victoria at?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      Where is Club Victoria at?
      Come into town from the ranch and go left up the hill towards Bowie’s and it’s on your right.

Comment

Beautiful morning 38 and very little wind. Good luck to all!
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

Gorgeous morning here off Cleo road. Calm winds and 39 degrees. Took a nice sized boar at 65 yards. Hit perfectly just below the ear on a broad side shot and drop him in his tracks. Smith 629 with a hand loaded Sierra 240 over H110. And carrying a prototype chest holster I’ve been working on. Very decisive kill…exactly how I like them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great shot!

Comment

Nice.

Pretty slow this weekend but we weren’t to mad at the deer. Weather was fantastic and we had a good time in camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty slow weekend from most reports. I saw a lot of rigs headed east yesterday and not one visual of a deer in any of them.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                  Pretty slow weekend from most reports. I saw a lot of rigs headed east yesterday and not one visual of a deer in any of them.
                  Adios,
                  Gary
                  We saw lots of deer (mostly young ones) but I was only able to make a quick trip. Be back before Thanksgiving for several days. Didn't see any rut activity this past weekend yet an didn't hear much shooting around us on neighboring properties either.

Comment

I also noticed the lack of shooting around us as well. We saw deer, two bucks that probably could have been taken but the guys held off.

Comment

Funny I didnt see any deer in the back of trucks on Sunday either.

I did shoot a coyote on Sunday morning, first one I have seen in person out there.

Comment

Warning…graphic pics ahead…

We took a few does but pretty much the same report as everyone else. I did manage a second hog this morning with one of my revolvers. About 65 yards and entered just below the left ear. Went in took a hard left and exited the fore head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice bucks so far. I always like following this one.

Here is a question for you Menard guys - if you could lease or own a place in any quadrant of Menard Co - where would you be? (NW/SW/NE/SE)

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                            Nice bucks so far. I always like following this one.

Here is a question for you Menard guys - if you could lease or own a place in any quadrant of Menard Co - where would you be? (NW/SW/NE/SE)
                            Some quality deer in NW quadrant but it normally rains more in the eastern part of the county. I would choose the NE quadrant as it not only receives a little more precipitation, there are just a few large ranches in that area. Whitehead (now Angel), Callan and Clark Ranches make up most of that area. Soils are typically deeper and stronger and quality deer and turkey. Water is typically shallow and good cattle country. No subdivisions.
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                              Some quality deer in NW quadrant but it normally rains more in the eastern part of the county. I would choose the NE quadrant as it not only receives a little more precipitation, there are just a few large ranches in that area. Whitehead (now Angel), Callan and Clark Ranches make up most of that area. Soils are typically deeper and stronger and quality deer and turkey. Water is typically shallow and good cattle country. No subdivisions.
                              Adios,
                              Gary
                              Thanks! Good info.

Comment

The availability of groundwater is critical around the county. There are a few areas where groundwater is almost impossible to find.
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X