Thinking about taking the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about taking the plunge

Considering trying my hand at traditional archery. I’m a lefty any good bows for LH guys out there? What do y’all recommend? Trying to stay under 500$ for a complete set up.

Bear has a good selection of left handed bows as does some cheaper options like sage.

Really it’s just a bow, gloves/tab quiver and arrows.

You can def. Get in for under $500

Comment

Buy a used Sammick Sage in a low draw weight. They are an adequate bow for entry level and can be sold for very close to what you paid when it is time to move up or if you decide to sell out and move on. Since you are left-handed, it might not sell as easy as a right-handed bow would. Thus, the recommendation to buy used. Look around and you may find a complete kit. I've purchased several that came with arrows, arm guard, glove, stringer, and some ever have a back or side quiver. Usually around $200 will buy the whole works.

Comment

Another option is to shop used. Rms gear has a huge selection on their website. They’re also a pro shop, so they quality check all the bows they take in. Between the options you’ve been given, you’re sure to find something that works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I forgot to mention, be sure to start with a lower bow weight to learn proper form. Between 35-45 pounds is a good range and plenty to kill a deer with the right arrow setup.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterB View Post
            I forgot to mention, be sure to start with a lower bow weight to learn proper form. Between 35-45 pounds is a good range and plenty to kill a deer with the right arrow setup.
            Thanks for the info, another member sent me a pm on a long bow he has would y’all recommend a recurve over a long bow?

Comment

No not really.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever you decide, I highly recommend pursuing traditional archery. It’s such an extremely rewarding pastime. If your looking to rack up kill after kill easily, that is not going to be the case. However if you stick with it you will find when you connect on any animal the satisfaction to be greater than with a rifle or compound bow.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                  Whatever you decide, I highly recommend pursuing traditional archery. It’s such an extremely rewarding pastime. If your looking to rack up kill after kill easily, that is not going to be the case unless your name is Bisch Jr. However if you stick with it you will find when you connect on any animal the satisfaction to be greater than with a rifle or compound bow.
                  FIFY

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    FIFY

😂

Well you got me. The son of Thor might have an easier go of it than us mere mortals

Comment

I have a LH recurve I will make you a pretty good deal on. Pm me your number if interested and I will send pics.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        FIFY

You know you are talking about the guy who hasn’t killed squat this season, right???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          You know you are talking about the guy who hasn’t killed squat this season, right???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Sand bagging

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                            Thanks for the info, another member sent me a pm on a long bow he has would y’all recommend a recurve over a long bow?

I shoot both, although my longbows are hybrids, one being an ILF dryad. I wouldn’t recommend one over the other, it’s more personal preference in my opinion. Last season I did most of my hunting with longbows, this season I’ve started with the recurve that I haven’t blooded yet. If you get the traditional bug, you may end up with more bows than time! I would think most would prefer a recurve, but I usually find myself slightly preferring the longbows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X