Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting my 3/4 next month
    First ones were good but we have a family history

Prep is no fun, but I was pretty empty before I started it.
    Flattest belly I have had in years!

Funny thing is I had an upper GI on the same table.
    Pretty sure the same position and camera!

Good luck everyone and the rest of you get your appointments now.

Comment

I’ve had five colonoscopies starting when I was 45 based upon my family history. The first ones were rough due to the prep at the time. The last few have been relatively easy with the new prep. Best sleep I ever had!

Comment

Those of you on the fence lurking here need to get it done. I wouldn’t wish on anyone what I saw my mother go through before she passed away. Could have been avoided if she had been tested regularly.

Comment

Nothing to it

In 2008 I had a colonoscopy and told the prep nurse that I wanted a note from the doctor telling my wife that my head really wasn't up in there.

As I was coming to, my wife, two nurses and the doctor are standing around me. One of them handed me photos from the procedure.

In my confused state it took me a minute to figure out why they were all laughing.

In the procedure photos they had taken a baby doll and placed it's head very close to my butt hole, as if it was being removed.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
            He says they are seeing colon cancer in people in their 20s. So if you are high risk or the recommended age get it done.
            Evolution at it's finest, correcting the human genome to survive on the western diet in the modern world.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
              Because it is hardly the worst (medical) indignity they’ve suffered!
              Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                Well they rolled me in asked me a couple of questions one of the nurses said see you later and then I woke up in the recovery room.

Took out a couple of polyps probably have to have another one in 3 to five years depending on test results.

No big deal.
                Glad it all came out GOOD and no bid deal...

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  Evolution at it's finest, correcting the human genome to survive on the western diet in the modern world.
                  That's an interesting perspective. I wonder if I should get one done before I'm 40. My wife would probably have a fit since she's in medicine and would see it as a strain on the system.

Comment

Lost my virginity twice now and next scheduled violation I will be 81 years old.
                    They say you fart a lot afterward but I don't remember hearing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                      I'll be 60 next month. No man goes up my butt. I'd rather have cancer.
                      I had a woman DR.!!!

The prep I used was 12 horse pills then 12 more 4 hours later. They worked well, really well. The procedure itself was nothing. went to sleep and woke up feeling not different down there than before. The nurse who tried to put my IV in, and I stress tried sucked. She busted 3 veins before she finally had the anethesiologist do it. The first nurse said she had been doing that job for 51 years. My wife told her it might be time to give it up if she couldn't do any better than that.

They removed 4 polyps that were all ok and I will be back in 3 years so I will be 54 on the next one. My mom died from cancer that started in her colon and moved to the liver. I figure 24 hours of the sharts is better than the hell she went thru.

Get scoped
                      Last edited by bullhead44; 08-30-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Had my first colonoscopy last April at 44. Scheduled the appointment because I was have stomach issues and having trouble going to the bathroom. I was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer. Already had (5) chemo treatments and scheduled for my 6th in a week. After that, 5 1/2 weeks of chemo pill/radiation treatments then 2 months off before surgery.

Get a colonoscopy. It is a simple procedure and can save your life. I wasn't high risk or had any family history. My oncologist said they have many patients in their 30's. If I would have had a colonoscopy at 40, I would not be going through this right now. It is easy for them to cut out polyps during the procedure. It takes 10-15 years for a polyp to turn into cancer.

My wife is scheduled to get hers done and will be taking the pills for prep. They have a lot of options for prep nowadays. My kids will have to start getting theirs done in their early 30's now.

Comment

Everyone says "the prep is the worst."

On a scale of 1-10 when someone calls it the worst, I thought they were saying it was a 10. Nah, it's a 5 tops. It's more comical than anything!
                          You should not put it off. Just get it done so that your wife or kids doesn't have to watch you die a crappy death.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            BAAH haha ha ha!! ((HUGE belly laugh!))

You, sir, are hysterical!
                            Thank you! Just trying to bring a little humor to something that can give you a shatty outlook on life! All kidding aside. Drop the price, take off the other man’s jersey your wearing on game day, and get it done! Or we’ll be RIPPING you on here one day.

Comment

Working...
                            X