Golf cart guys: Is this a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf cart guys: Is this a good deal?

Been looking for a golf cart for hunting. Really would like an electric one, but my neighbor has this 1984 Marathon 2-cycle that he'd sell me. It was running when parked but won't run now that it's been sitting for 3 years. Says it's the ethanol gas gumming up the needle valve. Tires haven't been aired up since 2016 so looking at them I'd say they're ok? Or maybe dry rotted?

There's an ethanol-free gas station near me, so that's good. Also I was thinking maybe I could install a fuel shutoff valve and run it dry every time I'm putting it up for a while.

What would you pay for this cart?

I wouldn't waste my money on that for a hunting vehicle. It has very little ground clearance and will be loud compared to electric. That motor sitting for 3 years is gonna need some work.

Comment

That 2 stroke could turn into a money pit real quick after setting that long. I dont think i would give more than $500 for it and that is a stretch.

Comment

He should probably pay you to remove it from the property. IM JOKING KINDA

With the money you would sink in it, and issues mentioned by AC for a hunting vehicle, I would pass.

Comment

Free he might should tape a dollar to it so he would actually be giving you something!!

Comment

I agree, I wouldn’t pay for that. Lol

Comment

I've got a ****** 2006 Yamaha I'll sell you.

Let me find some pics.

Has a new paint job and a 6" lift, new 20" tires.

Comment

Negative.

Comment

I would be leery on. buying one that has been sitting that long.

Comment

Got a Bad Boy Buggy in the classifieds. I know it's a good deal !

Comment

Don’t pay a dime. Tell him you’ll take it off his hands for free so he doesn’t have to pay to get rid of it.

Comment

If you can get it for free you’ll probably have more than what it’s worth in it by the time you’re done.

Comment

Clean the carb, put a battery in it and see what it does.

Make a decision after

Comment

Keep looking. Im searching also and if you want an electric project cart they're out there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Run!!! The other way.

Comment

Working...
                              X