Water or Electricity........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water or Electricity........

So what would you gents believe is more important on raw land water or electricity? Reason I ask is that I'm buying some property and one of them (20ac) east of RS has a small cabin/small house with electricity, but no well. The other property(38ac raw land) west of RS has a well, but no electricity(over a mile away) and no cabin/small house. Can't afford both so we are caught between the two.

Water
    I can make electricity

Comment

Electricity for me—buy a couple BIG water tanks and have water delivered

Comment

How did the neanderthals live?

Comment

take the electricity. worse case build a rain catchment system. If you are a long ways from electric it get pricey real fast...

Comment

Water.. tap fees and unknown water depth/quality or road bores are all huge unknown expenses... electric can be budgeted for easier or supplemented with a generator or solar easier while you save up. ( also you can do lots of prep for electric on your own usually).

Comment

Water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                How did the neanderthals live?
                I've been called many things, but never a neanderthal. ....

Comment

Water. Solar system for power is way cheaper than a well.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Water

Gary

Comment

I'd rather have electricity. Rain catch system goes a long way. We have a 275 gallon tote at our lease. Before I leave the house, I put an empty 55 gallon drum in the bed of the truck and fill it with the hose. When I get to the lease, I plug in my electric pump and empty the drum into the tote. Takes about 10 minutes. Once you have the tote full, you just have to top off every now and then. We will be adding a sink and an electric on demand pump to ours to get good water pressure. Fairly cheap to do too.

Comment

Water!

Comment

Electricity for me

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Go with the more acreage.

Comment

On family land we have neither, so I have to bring water and gas. If I had to pick one then electricity. I hate hearing the generator over the peace and quiet, dislike having to turn on generator to make food and I like the ac. Plus you can run a heater in the cold and turn on the lights at night. Water can be brought in like others said or catch the water. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X