Eerie Silence, Post-Apocalyptic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eerie Silence, Post-Apocalyptic

I work in an "Essential Infrastructure" business, at the office processing some documents. This County/City is presently "Shelter In Place". The entire office complex consisting of seven buildings is silent and vacant with a few vehicles only at a Kidney Dialysis Center. Even it only has six vehicles in front. No life around. Quite outside, with little to no traffic on the streets.

This is almost like the movie "I am Legend". Post-Apocalyptic.

My neighborhood has calmed down to about like it was 30 years ago. Very nice not to have a steady stream of cars zooming by all day.

Comment

Reminds me of what our town looked like during Hurricane Harvey.

Comment

I had to got up IH 35 from Round Rock to Georgetown to a eye doctor appointment. Busy as always. Supposed to be Shelter in Place I guess everybody is still looking for a place.

Comment

I went for a walk this morning in Bryan. We are shelter in place here too. Cars everywhere, and they were driving just like a normal day. It was a struggle to cross the street.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lake was busy yesterday with kids. Probably 100 boats in a 4 mile stretch. It was good to have some normal back. Got stuck in bumper to bumper southbound yesterday headed in

Comment

Green belts, parks, trails are very busy because everyone is looking for something to do.

Comment

Drive into the refinery is really nice every morning. Plus, no lines at the donut shop

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                  I work in an "Essential Infrastructure" business, at the office processing some documents. This County/City is presently "Shelter In Place". The entire office complex consisting of seven buildings is silent and vacant with a few vehicles only at a Kidney Dialysis Center. Even it only has six vehicles in front. No life around. Quite outside, with little to no traffic on the streets.

This is almost like the movie "I am Legend". Post-Apocalyptic.
                  Where about's?

You can not tell there is any epidemic judging by the Waco area residents, besides no schools open. Traffic coming into work, "Same". Traffic going home, "Same". Rivers and Lakes, more congested. ha ha

Hope all is well and God bless.

Rwc

Comment

Zero traffic in Waxahachie this morning.Really weird.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                      I had to got up IH 35 from Round Rock to Georgetown to a eye doctor appointment. Busy as always. Supposed to be Shelter in Place I guess everybody is still looking for a place.
                      Why are these people not getting ticketed and or arrested!!??

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Heck there is a ton of thru traffic on 35. Not all of the state is on lock down. Probably half those cars are passing on by

Comment

I didn't think it was an arrestable offense

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Green belts, parks, trails are very busy because everyone is looking for something to do.
                            Our neighborhood sidewalks and common areas are packed with people. Other than the playgrounds because they're off limits. Looked like someone put together a basketball tournament last week at our courts. Didn't recognize any of the kids.

Comment

Did the President declare Marshal Law?

Comment

Working...
                              X