No announcement yet.

Washington State / Oregon Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crater Lake National Park is an incredible place. Too much snow if you go before mid June though.

Comment

I'd take the crown Point loop - 7 waterfalls including Multnomah falls I believe it's like the 4th largest falls all the falls have hiking trails and are right off the roadway - Timberline lodge up on Mt. Hood - even has skiing on the glacier year round - Mt. St. Helens unbelievable what the volcano did there. The sisters wilderness and Mt. Bachelor (Bend Ore.) really cool too. Crater Lake is awesome but in southern Ore.

Comment

Orcas

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
        I think I just read about this in the AAA magazine
        On Orcas Island the Moran State Park was awesome! Lots of Blacktail deer running around and some awesome views from Mount Constitution!

I'd put it on your travel bucket list!

Comment

Bumping this with hopes to get a fishing guide recommendation so I can get that booked!

Comment

My fiance and I did an Oregon road trip a year or two ago at the end of July. Our route was to fly into Portland, then we drove out to the coast, all the way down the coast into Northern California to see some of the big redwood forests, and then back up central Oregon through Bend (which as far as cities go was our favorite) and then all the way up to the Hood River and back west into Portland again to fly home. Best spots for us were

Crater Lake
            Trillium Lake
            Mount Hood
            Cannon Beach and then all the little beach stops we made on the way south
            Tillamook
            Sisters Oregon/Deschutes National Forest
            All the falls along the Hood River

Comment

Bringing this back to life. Didn't do the trip in 2020 because of the plandemic, but the wheels are rolling now.

Rereading this thread we are not going to have near enough time to see everything we want so we will have to cut some stuff out and make another trip one day!

We fly out of Houston on Friday the 22nd. I have a Salmon/Rockfish trip booked on the 23rd out of Westport, WA, and then I'm open. We fly back on Wednesday the 27th. We fly into Portland, and was going to try to hit Mount Saint Helens for a few hours the day we fly in then head up to Westport.

I wanted to try to hit all of the following, but not sure I will have time for all of it. My places are in order, feel free to comment on what I should add or take out!

Fly into Portland OR
              Hit Mt St Helens
              Fish in Westport
              Visit Olympic Peninsula National Park
              Visit North Cascades National Park
              Hit Mt Rainer on our way back to Portland

My biggest issues is how much time I need to allocate to each area, and what I can eliminate and hit next time we are there...
              Last edited by Hockley; 06-03-2022, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X