• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, had it offered to me for sharpening 300 knives once - .....scam

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      lol you have to ask?
      I tell myself I can't believe they are still trying to pull this old scam..and then eventually tbh always reminds why they are still pulling this old scam.

Comment

take a dump in a box and send it to him...

Comment

I love messing with these people.

Comment

Scam tell him you have forwarded his info to the local pd and the FBI and you won't hear from him again

Guy tried to pull this on me too

Comment

Wait you are selling a truck for $300?

these scams never happen in the TBH classifieds, serves you right for steppin' out on your ol lady TBH..

Comment

Get the address and ship them a live rattlesnake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone called me from Publishers Clearing House day before yesterday and told me I had won $3.5 Million. I told I didn't know how that worked since I never enter and everybody knows "You can't win if you don't enter". He told me to f off.

Reckon that was legit ?

Comment

That happened to me a few times selling car parts on Craigslist. I prefer to just go along with it and when fedex delivers the check I just tell them it must have went to the wrong address cause I didn’t get it and they should send another one. One guy actually sent me 4 fraudulent checks before he caught on and gave up. That’s really the only way you can get to those people is run up their fedex bill and cost them some money. They get account and routing numbers off of real checks, usually business checks and then make fake ones to send you. The bank post the deposit and people think the money is in the bank and it’s not. My buddy that just retired from the FBI said that the vast majority of people running those scams are overseas using a middleman here in the US and will never be caught. Most of the middlemen are stupid and have no idea what’s going on cause they’re running a scam on them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      This was my first thought. Ha.

Comment

Pics of $300 truck? Heck, we have a Grand in a SKS, may be able to work a better deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post

these scams never happen in the TBH classifieds, serves you right for steppin' out on your ol lady TBH..
                          I had to check out what you see talking about. It was golf clubs, of a truck. He forgot to change the item from his last customer.

Comment

I had someone try this one on me. I got the check by FedEx then explained to him that I left it in my shirt pocket and it got rained on and has him FedEx me another one. That one got destroyed in the washing machine so he gave up. I was gonna have him keep sending them as long as he would cause the FedEx charges had to be adding up.

Comment

Any time they don’t want to actually look at the product and want to use a shipper it’s a SCAM!

Comment

Is it a cashiers check drawn on an OKC bank?

If so, it’s the same thing I got about a month ago for something I listed on Craigslist

Comment

Working...
                                X