No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, Mr. Mayor just like you said, in order to evacuate, you have to have a coordinated effort with all the proper infrastructure set in place... Sir, you had over a week to put it together!! That's what you get paid to do!! ...you and ol' "hunker down"... Those a-holes are telling folks to stay in their homes!!! I ain't believin' that! I'm sure glad I don't live under their inept leadership any longer!! That's what happens when demokrauts run things...

Dang police guy just said they had no way of knowing all the bayous would flood... If those *******s would have listened to the weatherforecasts and NOAA/National Weather Service, they'd dang sure have known it... Good Grief!!

Sure wish old bermise would pipe in now about how its all been over-hyped!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Yea, Mr. Mayor just like you said, in order to evacuate, you have to have a coordinated effort with all the proper infrastructure set in place... Sir, you had over a week to put it together!! That's what you get paid to do!! ...you and ol' "hunker down"... Those a-holes are telling folks to stay in their homes!!! I ain't believin' that! I'm sure glad I don't live under their inept leadership any longer!! That's what happens when demokrauts run things...

Dang police guy just said they had no way of knowing all the bayous would flood... If those *******s would have listened to the weatherforecasts and NOAA/National Weather Service, they'd dang sure have known it... Good Grief!!

Pretty sure Bermise is the Houston Mayor.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Word[emoji106]

Comment

mayor

Originally posted by Moose View Post
          He ought to be charged with murder after this, his excuses for not even suggesting evacuations is ludicrous.
          Not saying I agree with the Mayor, but murder would be seeing millions of people trying to evacuate...at least people were in their homes and not stuck on the flooding roads, sitting in traffic when all this rain hit.

Comment

In winnie I'm close to flooding. Only thing saving me is san****s.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
              Not saying I agree with the Mayor, but murder would be seeing millions of people trying to evacuate...at least people were in their homes and not stuck on the flooding roads, sitting in traffic when all this rain hit.

Really?Really? How about something like this at the minimum...."If you have any worry about your home being flooded, or it has flooded in the past you need to strongly consider evacuating." Instead of "sit in your house that will soon be flooded and hope someone comes and rescues you."

Comment

No Joke

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                Yep. Sounds like he is blaming his bad decision to not evacuate earlier on problems from the last evacuation. What a doofus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                So he didn't order the evacuation because of the logistical problems (which are legitimate) in putting the plan together. So basically all they have managed to do since the Rita disaster in 2005 is paint those pretty blue symbols on the shoulder of every highway. Nice use of 12 years...

Comment

Neighborhood came together and helped out our neighbors that were getting flooded.. Texans being Texans. Good to see.

Comment

Our house is good. Most structures are sound for us.
                    Our roof is another story, will have to be replaced.

AND THE CHICKENS MADE IT.
                    well, most do them. 17 out of 23.

Still praying for everyone else east of us.

Comment

mayor

Really?Really? How about something like this at the minimum...."If you have any worry about your home being flooded, or it has flooded in the past you need to strongly consider evacuating." Instead of "sit in your house that will soon be flooded and hope someone comes and rescues you."
                      I agree with you....but do people really need someone (GOVT) to tell them that??? People always want to blame somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        League City and Santa Fe are looking for people that have flat bottom boats to assist with evacuations and rescue.
                        281 554 1075.
                        I can only imagine all of those new neighborhoods and growth since Ike in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                          I agree with you....but do people really need someone (GOVT) to tell them that??? People always want to blame somebody.

No I agree with you completely, they shouldn't, however, there are individuals whom depend on these officials for this guidance and unfortunately it appears his ignorance will possibly be their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                            Any reports of the Lake Conroe levels and how it could play a role in releasing water into the San Jacinto?

We back up to this river (about 2 miles uphill from it) but worry about it in the flood stages.

Wife has friends on the lake with water in their house so I'm sure the release will step up.

Not mention how much water has hit the watershed north of the lake this morning.

Comment

You'd be an idiot to stfu in your home if you know you live in a flood plain.

This is not new.

Let's have some personal responsibility here.

Comment

For those asking about the San Jac. River, Here's the graph for Hwy 59 in Humble...

Click image for larger version

Name:	SanJacRivr.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	24509448

Comment

Working...
                                X