No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a quick drive around the neighborhood here... not too bad.. but didn't venture out to lower areas by front entrances..
    Wait for daylight...see if anyone needs help.
    Still dumping on us...steady, heavy, and windy.

Comment

Prayers for everyone. Just remember it's just material things. Stay alive.

Do not go in your attic to get out of the water. Saw several reports of that.

Comment

We found an opening and are heading back home to see our damage from the hurricane. We have heard it wasn't terrible.

Praying for all you in and around Houston. You are catching the worse.

Comment

I posted a road closure list a few pages back for Montgomery county....compare it to one posted at 12:30am this morning.

Comment

Wonder how the lull and the fight parties played into folks being out and getting stranded.

Been nonstop here all night... let up a little just now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

They are showing 16.8" in the last 24hrs here. I know we knew it was going to be like this but this is unreal. The small wet weather creek across my property was over its banks early yesterday afternoon, not sure where it is now. Prayers sent for those with water already in your house.

Comment

Overhyped.

Comment

This is officially...day 2...of 5...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    This is officially...day 2...of 5...
                    That will be the rough part. We're in prelims for the water event.

Comment

Been raining all night and I imagine we have several roads under this morning. TxDOT showing a few but I am sure it's not up to date.

Comment

Wow. This thing cant move East fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been up since 4:00. Can't sleep thinking about all our TBH brothers flooding and Houston going under water while also wondering how our place will hold up.

I will say the only shining light is that Britta on channel 2 makes it easier to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                            I've been up since 4:00. Can't sleep thinking about all our TBH brothers flooding and Houston going under water while also wondering how our place will hold up.

I will say the only shining light is that Britta on channel 2 makes it easier to watch.
                            She's a cutie and smart as a whip.

Comment

Don't know if this has been posted already but Texas Attorney General says price gougers WILL be prosecuted. $20,000 fine per occurrence and $250,000 per occurrence if gouged person is over 65 years old. Says keep receipts and take pictures and contact AG office. Says violators will be prosecuted no matter how long it takes.
                              He further states that gouging is anybody raising prices more than 10% over the average of item's price for the last 3 months. Bare necessities items like water, gas and food are of particular concern.

example:
                              Anybody having to pay 50 to 100 bucks for a case of bottled water should document and turn it in to state AG.

Comment

Tried laying down at midnight but tornado warning alerts have been going off every 15-30 mins on our home security system. It's pretty much been a sleepless night trying to make sure I could hear anything that sounded unusual outside. These rain amounts are unbelievable. This may turn out to be the worst flood event in the Houston area's history if this thing doesn't move on soon...

Comment

Working...
                                X