No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read that The Houston area has added 1.2 million new residence since hurricane Ike....

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
      I read that The Houston area has added 1.2 million new residence since hurricane Ike....
      And every one of them is from New York, California, or Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
        Water is going for 20 bucks a case at the Randalls by me, good stuff!!
        You mean on the secondary market? If Randall's has increased prices due to emergency then please call the Attorney General. Randall's will get hammered.

Comment

Man that sure is a lot of US citizens relocating.....

Comment

Texas City is getting pounded right now.

Comment

I know this situation is dire but to keep it in perspective, Eric Berger, who is also a well-respected weather blogger for the Chronicle (maybe an actual meteorologist? I don't know...) indicated that for those of us in the Houston area if you did not flood during Allison you're probably not going to flood during Harvey either.

Comment

Nothin' heavy in Humble yet, but the wind has picked up a bit... Actually pretty nice outside right now...
                Shutting down shop now. Going to head home and finish my last minute prep work at home... Already sent everyone at the shop home. I will bring down all my martin boxes... birds are gone anyway and that's something I'd planned to do already...

Y'all all stay safe out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  I know this situation is dire but to keep it in perspective, Eric Berger, who is also a well-respected weather blogger for the Chronicle (maybe an actual meteorologist? I don't know...) indicated that for those of us in the Houston area if you did not flood during Allison you're probably not going to flood during Harvey either.
                  Key word is probably. This city has changed way too much since Allison for him to say that with any degree of certainty.

Comment

Unplanned irony

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      If you replace "flood" with "die", it takes on a little more meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                        Key word is probably. This city has changed way too much since Allison for him to say that with any degree of certainty.
                        Understood. Nobody knows anything about this for certain. I was just throwing it out there.

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        If you replace "flood" with "die", it takes on a little more meaning.
                        Um, ok? That could be said about anything.

Comment

That's nine years ago, I'm sure that's the normal growth for Houston...

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post

Unplanned irony
                            LOL!! That's what my wife came home with the other day! A 12pk of Kona Big Wave!!

Y'all stay safe, Hillary!

Comment

any new tracks after 11:00?

Comment

Lots of people rolling the dice with their lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X