Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEO poll- enforce unconstitutional gun laws??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEO poll- enforce unconstitutional gun laws??

VA thread got me thinking. I’ve seen many of our TBH a brothers in LEO already comment in this but let’s see it. I know where most you Guys stand, but there seems to be doubt as to the overall consensus (the vast minority doubting , I believe). Maybe you guys can share how this has been discussed amongst yourselves in general.

How many of you guys will refuse to endorse blatantly unconstitutional gun laws...??

It is the courts that determine whether or not a law is unconstitutional. If that determination were left to individual LEO (or citizens), everyone could pick and choose which laws to obey. That would lead to anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
      It is the courts that determine whether or not a law is unconstitutional. If that determination were left to individual LEO (or citizens), everyone could pick and choose which laws to obey. That would lead to anarchy.

Maybe you’ve forgotten about the American Revolution? If they had left it up to the “court” we would still be “the colonies.”

Comment

Ok, this makes no sense. Sorry.

Comment

No need for an often politicized court to rule on some of these bull**** laws.

Keywords - blatantly unconstitutional

Comment

I'm out.

Comment

I work part time for a department and have had this conversation with the dozens of LEO buddies and acquaintances that I have. Some of my best friends are LE and I don't know one person that wears a badge that would enforce an unconstitutional law like that. I know that most would put their careers on the line to make a stand... that's Chiefs, Sergeants, Lieutenants, Corporals, etc.

Comment

reading this kinda made my head hurt

Comment

It's not really fair to ask a LEO that on a public forum, and I doubt many, if any, reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    It's not really fair to ask a LEO that on a public forum, and I doubt many, if any, reply.
                    I would agree, not a good question for a WWW forum.

Comment

As a peace officer, you are sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution, regardless as to whom or what instructs you to do otherwise.

Now, let's say for instance, the department or State wants to disregard the 4th amendment, regarding search and seizure. What then?
                      The 2nd amendment does not grant permission for citizens to keep and bear arms, it is in place to prohibit government interference from disarming citizens.

LEO retired.
                      Last edited by Guardian Reaper; 01-20-2020, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Render unto Caesar" is the beginning of a phrase attributed to Jesus in the synoptic gospels, which reads in full, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" (Ἀπόδοτε οὖν τὰ Καίσαρος Καίσαρι καὶ τὰ τοῦ Θεοῦ τῷ Θεῷ).[Matthew 22:21]

This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity, secular government, and society. The original message, coming in response to a question of whether it was lawful for Jews to pay taxes to Caesar, gives rise to multiple possible interpretations about the circumstances under which it is desirable for Christians to submit to earthly authority.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          Render unto Caesar" is the beginning of a phrase attributed to Jesus in the synoptic gospels, which reads in full, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" (Ἀπόδοτε οὖν τὰ Καίσαρος Καίσαρι καὶ τὰ τοῦ Θεοῦ τῷ Θεῷ).[Matthew 22:21]

This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity, secular government, and society. The original message, coming in response to a question of whether it was lawful for Jews to pay taxes to Caesar, gives rise to multiple possible interpretations about the circumstances under which it is desirable for Christians to submit to earthly authority.

Thought provoking!

Comment

Too broad of a brush. Some guys say every gun law is unconstitutional

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Not asking anyone to sign their name to it there dale.
                              So it’s ok to stand against unconstitutional laws, but not ok to say it.

Gotcha

Comment

Working...
                              X