Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever wonder why Insurance is stupid expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever wonder why Insurance is stupid expensive?

Because of crooks like ATI.
    Was quoted "about $40 per visit" when I inquired with receptionist.
    Ok, that's reasonable after Insurance payment.
    After the rushing to keep scheduling visits I started to become wary. After 4 visits and still not receiving a bill I stopped going. Last service was in early July. I did not get the first bill until November! Imagine if I had kept going... Had I known these ****ers were going to charge my insurance company $350/visit I would have told them where to stick it. I mean, lawyers don't even charge that much.

For what the lady did I could have looked up the exercises on the internet. The first 30 minutes of each visit was spent massaging my next to loosen the muscles. Should have went to the thai massage. At least there I would have gotten a handy.

After fighting this for over a year, ATI is still sticking to their guns and refusing to honor the $40 verbal stating that they already filed on insurance and I am liable for remaining balance.
    Attached Files

Insurance is definitely a scam. Some of the cases my wife tells me about would make your head explode.

Comment

Our leader is trying to do something about the lack of disclosing medical costs before they are incurred.

Hospital groups file lawsuit to block Trump's price transparency rule:

Comment

same thing with X-Rays and MRI. If you have no insurance they will do it for a couple hundred dollars. If you have insurance, its a couple grand

Comment

Pay $3.00 a month and they'll make a deal with you

Comment

Yep, wuda been 40 cash, since u filed insurance it was 389... and they still balanced billed you (illegal in most states, but nooottttt texas).

Comment

Or/and because people use the ER as their PCP and are uninsured or do not pay their bill and the costs gets inflated to cover all the no pays so the companies that own the hospitals can continue to make **** loads of money....

Comment

You didnt do your homework
                We charge tens of thousands to the insurance companies bc they will deny most of the claims. We dont balance bill the pt but some facilities do... that is your responsibility as a patient to ask those questions before you go in for treatment.
                If you only knew how much our electricity and maintenance bill is every month to keep our MR machine on you would understand. ... try 25 grand just to break even. But I dont expect you to know that or anyone else that is upset about billing practices.. I understand both sides but you should really know what you are signing or dont sign it

Comment

Also if you need an MRI or CT just let me know I'll help you out get your scan zero cost to you and promise you wont get a balance bill but we will try to hammer your insurance with one

Comment

Got dehydrated drank a big coffee, heart started racing.
                    Family started freaking and made me go to the ER
                    1 ekg and a bag of fluid heart rate went back down. Bill came for the dr that never touched me and Two hour Er visit. $7,000.
                    When I went in I told them my deductible was $6000. So I was cash pay.
                    They rang it up as insurance. When I called about the bill the girl said it would have been 40% less as cash pay.

Comment

I’m working on a 500k bill at Texas Children’s

Worth every penny though

Comment

I keep getting calls from a collection agency, from a ER visit from a doctor that charged me $1000 to read my chart and tell me to drink more water to get my blood sugar down and prescribed seeing my PCP about changing my diabetes medicine, he was out of my insurance network so I was deemed at fault

Comment

Does anybody disagree that our healthcare system is broken!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Our leader is trying to do something about the lack of disclosing medical costs before they are incurred.

Hospital groups file lawsuit to block Trump's price transparency rule:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u..._0dtncc6SMvi9U
                            It’s amazing how under the radar and how huge this passing would be! Liberals should be thrilled for it also since it will expose expensive healthcare but it’s been very quite.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Does anybody disagree that our healthcare system is broken!
                              It's almost like it was set up to fail!

Comment

Working...
                              X