No announcement yet.

New Property - Shop and Home Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good! I'll be following! I have tractor envy!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

One suggestion as I have is if you're having to drill a water well, frame out a space for your well equipment within your shop in lieu of buikding some sort of well house down the road. I did this and had a floor drain installed before the pour for the what if's in said room. Congrats and in fir results.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by profish2004 View Post
          One suggestion as I have is if you're having to drill a water well, frame out a space for your well equipment within your shop in lieu of buikding some sort of well house down the road. I did this and had a floor drain installed before the pour for the what if's in said room. Congrats and in fir results.

We thought about doing a well but it just wasnt in our budget at the time, although a floor drain would have been nice in the shop but it’s a little too late for that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Looking good! I'll be following! I have tractor envy!

Get you one. I don’t know how I lived without it now!

Comment

Rewarding work For sure

Comment

We got the temp meter pole installed and then drove up to Canton last night and picked up some pipe. We are supposed to start next week on the entry way and gate

16’ x 16’ with double header

I’ll post pics when finished but it will be a work in progress since it will be an after 5 job..

Last edited by csmith936; 01-22-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
                  We got the temp meter pole installed and then drove up to Canton last night and picked up some pipe. We are supposed to start next week on the entry way and gate

16’ x 16’ with double header

I’ll post pics when finished but it will be a work in progress since it will be an after 5 job..

Congrats on the progress. The double header entry is the way to go. Make it tall brother to ensure large trucks have enough clearance.
                  I love mine [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Congrats on the progress. The double header entry is the way to go. Make it tall brother to ensure large trucks have enough clearance.
                    I love mine [emoji106]

It will be 16’ to the bottom of the header. What size pipe did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
                      It will be 16’ to the bottom of the header. What size pipe did you use?

It is 10” pipe and the same 16’ to the bottom header

Comment

I love mine [emoji106]

Great looking gate/header! I may add another project.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I love mine [emoji106]

Great looking gate/entry!

Comment

We are about 2 weeks away from the building going up. Would have been done already if it hadn’t been for all the rain keeping my builder behind on other jobs.

I had the temp meter pole installed a couple weeks back and rented the ditch witch last weekend. I trenched through 550’ of clay for underground power and laid the conduit and pull string through. I saved some money by doing it myself but think next time I’ll pay someone to do it.

We got the 7.5” entry poles set along with the 4.5” post for the fence set. Working on the double header and gate this week. Takes a little while longer when your doing it yourself but it’s more rewarding in the end.

Next time I post we should have a finished entry way and a building going up!

Last edited by csmith936; 02-09-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Man that’s some pretty dirt you got brother. Congrats on the progress!!

Comment

Header and gate are built. Hanging the gate Sunday and supposed to start the building Monday. It all depends on the rain which has really delayed my project.

Comment

Working...
                                X