Covert and foggy pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert and foggy pictures

My Covert recently started sending foggy pictures. I checked the camera to make sure there was no moisture inside and it was dry. Rebooted the camera and all was good until it started taking night time pictures. Another lease member is having the same issue. Anyone else having this issue?
    Last edited by Bayouboy; 01-05-2020, 06:01 AM.

I’ve tried Scope Dope to no avail. I have one camera that is real bad about it. It’s in a low spot on a food plot. Always has moisture on lens at night once conditions get right. I’m thinking of trying some sort of Rain-X product on lens and see if it helps

Comment

My regular camera is ok. The low one has been plagued with foggy pictures......

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
        I’ve tried Scope Dope to no avail. I have one camera that is real bad about it. It’s in a low spot on a food plot. Always has moisture on lens at night once conditions get right. I’m thinking of trying some sort of Rain-X product on lens and see if it helps
        It has nothing to do with fogged lens. They are perfectly dry.

Comment

Just had it send a daytime pic. They are fine. Only night pics.

Comment

Maybe post one of the pics for us to see

Comment

Had this same problem with a Spartan cell camera. Finally caught it with moisture on the inside of the camera lens area. Just a slight fog on the back side of the opening. Not sure if it is the actual lens or a cover. Could not take it off with wiping. Talked to Spartan and they said send it in after hunting season for warranty work.

Got to thinking about it and I took a small package of silica gel and carefully put it in the area of the batteries. Very close fit. My pics started getting much better and the fog is almost completely gone. Worked for me, so maybe that might help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                My Covert recently started sending foggy pictures. I checked the camera to make sure there was no moisture inside and it was dry. Rebooted the camera and all was good until it started taking night time pictures. Another lease member is having the same issue. Anyone else having this issue?
                BB, if there is a quick change in temp or humidity, they will fog up from time to time. Put a little pack of dessicant in the cam and that should solve your problem.
                Last edited by lovemylegacy; 01-05-2020, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Spypoint sent a few days worth of foggy pics over the last two weeks as well
                  Foggy days are hop scotch

Comment

Will be watching this thread as my camera started doing the same thing a few weeks ago and I can not figure out what is going on with it.

Comment

I’m having the same problems and it seems like sun affects it more than whether it’s in a low spot. I have a couple right on a creek that don’t get fogged up and higher ones that are facing more towards the morning sun that do.

Comment

Mine did too but conditions were foggy in the food plot. Cams in the woods were fine. Next night no fog and night pics were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                          BB, if there is a quick change in temp or humidity, they will fog up from time to time. Put a little pack of dessicant in the cam and that should solve your problem.
                          I will give that a shot. I only have one doing it. Others are fine.

Comment

I recently purchased a solar panel with the 6V rechargeable battery for my Covert. Do I remove the lithium batteries that are in the camera or use both at the same time. It came with no directions.

Comment

Use rechargeable batteries with your panel. Remove the lithium batteries.

Comment

Working...
                              X