Bow Re-coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Re-coating

Anyone ever messed around with having their bows re-coated/hydro dipped locally? Talking with a company now in Wisconsin that does some killer work and is done the same way as it comes from Mathews (having mine done in the stone finish), but would love to keep the money local or apart of the GS if possible!

I've never done but would be interested.

What company?

Comment

This is their website, although I was speaking with them directly via Facebook: http://rahoffer.com/

On their FB page, there are some awesome pictures of their work. Literally looks factory, they even reapply all of the factory Mathews logos/lettering/etc. along the limbs and riser. It truly looks like it came that way from the factory.

Comment

Bow Re-coating

I would never use RA Hoffer again!!!! Plenty of threads, even a recent one, on Archery Talk about how terrible his work is.
        Last edited by TexasCanesFan; 01-02-2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Gonna PM you a link to AT.

Comment

What about this Kolorfusion process? Anyone messed with it?

Comment

Do these coatings leave an after smell for long?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_DReezen View Post
                Anyone ever messed around with having their bows re-coated/hydro dipped locally? Talking with a company now in Wisconsin that does some killer work and is done the same way as it comes from Mathews (having mine done in the stone finish), but would love to keep the money local or apart of the GS if possible!
                There was a place in Houston that coated guns. Active Camo? Know nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  There was a place in Houston that coated guns. Active Camo? Know nothing about them.

I guess anyone who does cerakoting can do it. I mainly just wanted someone confident with archery stuff. After I saw the pictures of coatings with the Mathews logos back in it, I fell in love with someone that can do that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty slick work done but now have read a bunch of negative stuff about the same guy.

Comment

Scott Paulk - Twisted Arrow Hydrographics. He dips or paints the bow. Looks pretty good.
                      Think he is in McDade?

Blacksheep Arms in Austin will cerakote.. it looks legit too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                        Scott Paulk - Twisted Arrow Hydrographics. He dips or paints the bow. Looks pretty good.
                        Think he is in McDade?

Blacksheep Arms in Austin will cerakote.. it looks legit too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Twisted Arrow does some killer work! Hopefully can talk to them tomorrow about some options. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_DReezen View Post
                          What about this Kolorfusion process? Anyone messed with it?
                          I’ve had quite a few kolorfusion bows. Imo it’s the only way to go. It’s absolutely as hard as diamond and I’ve never had issues with the quality.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X