Fierce Rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fierce Rifles

Does anyone have any first hand personal experience with Fierce rifles?

I am looking at the Fierce Carbon Fury with thumbhole stock.

Shot a friends and was very impressed. 1/2” gun with great trigger and I love their stock; non-thumb hole model is what I shot. Copy of the SAKO A5 action with a great 60• bolt throw. I’m tempted to get one in 300 win mag.

Comment

Our corporate HSE guy has one in the 6.5 man bun....I mean Creedmoor... and he absolutely raves about it and Schmidt & Bender glass
      I’ve shot this gun quite a bit at the range. Impressed is all I can say

Ragin...if y’all remember him, has one in a 26 Nosler that he is awful proud of

I will say neither of them have the thumbhole stock

Comment

I've handled one several times while in Cabelas. They at least feel good. Dont know anyone who has one though.

Comment

Is it worth the 3-3500 price tag vs say an apr build in the same price range?
          Last edited by Lsube0555; 12-31-2019, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
            Ragin...if y’all remember him, has one in a 26 Nosler that he is awful proud of

I have not seen that name in years lol. Can’t say he is missed either.

OP you can find numerous guns in that price range that will shoot that well or better. Just have to know where to look and some times even cheaper.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I have one in 7MM Mag. In first & second outings to the range I had 2 light primer strikes out of ~30 rounds. Emailed Fierce, got a reply back from their CEO early next morning, and they asked me to mail just the bolt back to them. They got it back on a Monday, put in a stronger spring, and that Friday it was on the way back to me. No issues since then. It's a 1/2MOA rifle with the ammo they prescribed.

Comment

Ex christen arms guy. Fantastic rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post

I would say not but also depends on components

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post

They have a few models around $2k.

Comment

My dad has a Fierce carbon edge in 300 Win Mag. It shoots .5 MOA with factory berger 215 hybrids. Personally I dont think it's worth the price tag, I'd go custom. Just for the fact I can pick every piece of the rifle. But if the gun fits you and you like it go for it.

Comment

I looked at one hard before I had weatherby build me my .300

they are nice rifles, but imo they have nothing over the Christensen Arms Ridgeline but with a much higher pricetag ( $1800 vs. $3500 ). I would have gone Christensen Arms but they couldn't give me a hard timeline on building a left handed rifle so I went with Weatherby which spit it out of their shop very quick.

Comment

Originally posted by m714 View Post
                          I have one in 7MM Mag. In first & second outings to the range I had 2 light primer strikes out of ~30 rounds. Emailed Fierce, got a reply back from their CEO early next morning, and they asked me to mail just the bolt back to them. They got it back on a Monday, put in a stronger spring, and that Friday it was on the way back to me. No issues since then. It's a 1/2MOA rifle with the ammo they prescribed.
                          That's the kind of service I would expect from a custom rifle maker, not a lack of a response after several phone calls and then blaming it on a component or bullet manufacturer after finally getting a hold of them

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                            I looked at one hard before I had weatherby build me my .300

they are nice rifles, but imo they have nothing over the Christensen Arms Ridgeline but with a much higher pricetag ( $1800 vs. $3500 ). I would have gone Christensen Arms but they couldn't give me a hard timeline on building a left handed rifle so I went with Weatherby which spit it out of their shop very quick.

Good insight. How’s your Weatherby? Pleased? Chambering?

I think Adam is doing great things with the company. I just bought a Christensen and I may do a Weatherby next. But Fierce is tempting as well......

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              That's the kind of service I would expect from a custom rifle maker, not a lack of a response after several phone calls and then blaming it on a component or bullet manufacturer after finally getting a hold of them
                              hmm, I wonder who you could be talking about there... maybe some company pretty big on fast twist CF barrel setups?

I was impressed by Fierce, to say the least. The only thing I don't like about it is that I can't mount a suppressor on it due to the thin barrel. I'm considering getting a Carbon Fury so that I can use a suppressor.

Oh,and I don't know that I'd pay current pricing for them. I happened to get mine from a dealer closing out and only paid $1400 for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X