No announcement yet.

White settlement Church shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my son's teachers that was at Santafe highschool the day of the shooting, moved to the Dallas area after leaving Santafe. She said she just needed to get away because the shooting was hard for her to deal with. She goes to that Church but was out of town visiting family. Prayers for all involved.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
      Yeah right man. You think they are a paid security detail? They are shepherds protecting their sheep so that they MAY ALL worship in peace.

There’s been a few ignorant comments on this thread and yours might just take the cake.
      shows what you do not know, i was a officer at Beaumont for 30 years ( all of them on the street), 26 years a firearms instructor, the lead officer in the department issuing rifles, drew firearms courses and assisted with ammo selections and training scenarios, 25 years a training officer, the only officer ever voted onto the swat team without a tryout, even though i declined the invite i attended swat member only firearms schools, street survival schools taught by gun site instructors, competed and won gold and silver the in the state police Olympics with handgun,,, never lost a match for accuracy or speed,,, i am now retired and head of the security detail at my church, i did not volunteer i was asked to be the head,,, i fired 5 rounds on duty on attacking dogs, 5 hits, ( 3 of those dogs at once) i assisted in close quarters knife attack training and was the only officer who could shoot an attacker in less than 21 feet every time, and i did it from 8 feet,,,, from the holster... i have been a Christian for 48 of my 60 years on this earth, i am a published author of faith based poetry,,,

i have have hands on experience in things like this,, you have what,,, your opinion..... and on top of all that i said nothing derogatory about the people involved,,,

and you know nothing but your idea of what is real, i have been in some serious situations you can not begin to comprehend, i have no doubt my understanding of shepherds and sheep is far beyond your comprehension along with having reviewed and studied many hundreds of shootings,,,

so your opinion if nothing but that, your opinion,,, i will take the facts and knowledge because i have been there in real time and hands on,,, and if i go down at church this Sunday, i will be doing for people i do not know and for family and friends.. not for the belief system , the system will endure forever, the belief will not die regardless of what happens to me ,,, you see in Romans it says that the police officer is a minister appointed by God,,, i accepted my appointment long ago, even though i no longer wear the uniform my appointment as a minster has not ended, only changed, i could have walked away when i hung that uniform up the last time,,, but i decided to keep following God and were he lead me.... and if that gets me killed,,, so be it.. but i do not do it for the Church, i do it for the people, just as they did.
      Last edited by xman59; 12-31-2019, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
        shows what you do not know, i was a officer at Beaumont for 30 years ( all of them on the street), 26 years a firearms instructor, the lead officer in the department issuing rifles, drew firearms courses and assisted with ammo selections and training scenarios, 25 years a training officer, the only officer ever voted onto the swat team without a tryout, even though i declined the invite i attended swat member only firearms schools, street survival schools taught by gun site instructors, competed and won gold and silver the in the state police Olympics with handgun,,, never lost a match for accuracy or speed,,, i am now retired and head of the security detail at my church, i did not volunteer i was asked to be the head,,, i fired 5 rounds on duty on attacking dogs, 5 hits, ( 3 of those dogs at once) i assisted in close quarters knife attack training and was the only officer who could shoot an attacker in less than 21 feet every time, and i did it from 8 feet,,,, from the holster... i have been a Christian for 48 of my 60 years on this earth, i am a published author of faith based poetry,,,

i have have hands on experience in things like this,, you have what,,, your opinion..... and on top of all that i said nothing derogatory about the people involved,,,

and you know nothing but your idea of what is real, i have been in some serious situations you can not begin to comprehend, i have no doubt my understanding of shepherds and sheep is far beyond your comprehension along with having reviewed and studied many hundreds of shootings,,,

so your opinion if nothing but that, your opinion,,, i will take the facts and knowledge because i have been there in real time and hands on,,, and if i go down at church this Sunday, i will be doing for people i do not know and for family and friends.. not for the belief system , the system will endure forever, the belief will not die regardless of what happens to me ,,, you see in Romans it says that the police officer is a minister appointed by God,,, i accepted my appointment long ago, even though i no longer wear the uniform my appointment as a minster has not ended, only changed, i could have walked away when i hung that uniform up the last time,,, but i decided to keep following God and were he lead me.... and if that gets me killed,,, so be it.. but i do not do it for the Church, i do it for the people, just as they did.
        You forgot to add humble to your list.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          You forgot to add humble to your list.

So much win...drop your keyboard, walk off and go have some champagne. You’ve won’t hear internet today.

Comment

Comment

But the church and the people are the same thing. You can’t have one without the other. Jesus gave it all for the church- that’s how important it is- that is why it deserves our very lives

Comment

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am thankful these men were there and obviously had a plan to protect friends family from a threat. All did their jobs and are all a hero. Wish the outcome would have had zero of the security team injured or killed but these men did their job and protected the congregation. Prayers up for all involved

Comment

Oh wow....this thread has gone miserably off course......kinda the TBH way lately.
                    My home will continue to pray for the innocent souls loss to another hate filled mongrel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      Oh wow....this thread has gone miserably off course......kinda the TBH way lately.
                      My home will continue to pray for the innocent souls loss to another hate filled mongrel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                      Yes it sure did but it gives us a great example of how clueless some of these guys are..

CH licenses are too easy to obtain, plain and simple.. Its a joke. Saw it first hand. If you have to be shown how to load a pistol you should fail immediately..

Many people, with little to no experience at all, are irresponsibly carrying a firearm these days and they feel like Matt Dillon because they have a "license".. Many cant even tell you how a pistol even works or tell you the components that make up a cartridge... I'm very uncomfortable around these types and I go to church with some..
                      Nothing worse than someone with little to no firearm experience packing a pistol in a crowded building with one in the pipe.. Spooky..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Yes it sure did but it gives us a great example of how clueless some of these guys are..

CH licenses are too easy to obtain, plain and simple.. Its a joke. Saw it first hand. If you have to be shown how to load a pistol you should fail immediately..

Many people, with little to no experience at all, are irresponsibly carrying a firearm these days and they feel like Matt Dillon because they have a "license".. Many cant even tell you how a pistol even works or tell you the components that make up a cartridge... I'm very uncomfortable around these types and I go to church with some..
                        Nothing worse than someone with little to no firearm experience packing a pistol in a crowded building with one in the pipe.. Spooky..

So what would your alternative be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I believe that everyone should have the right to bear arms but I not naive enough to think everyone has the ability. I've seen the same thing first hand. The current LTC qualification is nothing more than can you point the gun and squeeze the trigger.

Comment

What's your thoughts on Constitutional carry?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              What's your thoughts on Constitutional carry?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                So what would your alternative be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Its gets tricky.. Much more demanding qualifications would be a good start..

I believe all should be able to carry but carry RESPONSIBLY!!!! To many are carrying, even licensed to carry, knowing dam good and well they aren't truly ready for that "responsibility" but that little piece of plastic in their wallet has now empowered them to do so, so they do, at he risk of everyone around them getting accidentally shot.....
                                If anybody truly believes that these very short and basic CHL classes are fully qualifying/preparing every individual that "passes", especially ones with 0 experience, to responsibly carry then your living in denial or you are living a pipe dream..

Comment

Working...
                                X