When is the last time you checked the pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the last time you checked the pressure

In your spare tire. I was lucky. Headed home today I had a flat. Spare had 24 lbs. 2017 Ford and had never checked it.

Also do you know where the jack is ?

Jack - yes had to use it about a year ago on my travel trailer.

Spare haven't checked it but I carry a portable air compressor in my truck.

Comment

Good advice. I’ve even stranded twice over the years due to a flat spare. Once on the truck once on the trailer

Comment

I keep a floor jack in my truck. Can’t stand that weak *** bottle jack. To answer your original question, I’ve never checked my spare pressure. Lol. Had a flat a few months ago. First time I’ve had to use the spare. It was from 2010. Lol. Had about 13#s. I keep a 12v compressor in my truck so I aired it back up. I carry a bunch of crap with me, spare on all my trailers, extra trailer hub, tools, etc. I’ve been stranded too many times over the years so I’m prepared for just about anything now.
        Last edited by panhandlehunter; 12-29-2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Every time they rotate my tires I have them check the spare pressure. Also, as said above, I keep a compressor in the truck.

Comment

For the price of a 12v compressor, it’s not very smart not to have one. I’ve made it to the tire store more than once because I’ve had it. I also carry a plug kit. Cheap insurance !

Comment

Always a good habit to check spare tire pressure, including trailers (boat).

Comment

I had a similar experience Friday at the lease...

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Have a plug kit, 20 ton bottle jack, 2.5 ton floor jack , tractor jack , 2 four way lug wrenchs
                  Extra hub bearings, and a air tank on the trailer but have not checked the truck spare tire
                  Need to do that soon

Comment

I carry a battery powered impact, air compressor, met and standard sockets, breaker bar, and a few other things in a tool bag at all times.

Hope to never need it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good ideas here

Comment

Each camping trip the spares get checked on truck, 5th wheel, and boat trailer, so several times a year. Keep a bottle jack in the camper and a complete set of tools.

Comment

Flat in July
                          2013 never once had I opened that under trunk area
                          Luckily for me I carry a 12v air compressor in the glove box
                          Proved handy that night

Comment

Working...
                          X