Price on concrete???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price on concrete???

What would it cost to build a 12 by 30 concrete pad in Galveston county. Just for Parking an RV.

Length (in feet) Width (in feet) Depth (in feet) ÷ 27. Simply multiply the three dimensions together to find the number of cubic feet, then divide by 27 to find the number of cubic yards.

A 4” slab will do with steel in it. Concert work and cost is very location dependent. I’d call a local supplier and get a per yard cost and then find a contractor. That way you can figure out what the labor, form and steel is going to cost.

Comment

Don’t know for about the Galveston area but up here east of Dallas it’s $125/yard. To have a contractor do it I was quoted anywhere from $5.25-11/sq. ft for materials and labor.

Comment

In Athens GA I pay 80 cents per square foot labor(includes getting the final grade right, forming, pouring and finishing). Add in the form boards and $132 per yard for the mud and you're golden.
        You'll need 4.5 yards and unless it's perfect I would order 5.

One issue that should not be different between TX and GA is that unless you pour a lot of concrete you will not get very good pricing on a one time deal. Especially one that small.

I have been using my guy for 21 years. He has poured tens of thousands of yards for me.

On something as small as a 12x30 you should just buy a bull float, trowel, edger, broom and jointer and pour it yourself. Just get a front chute truck so you don't need to pull concrete.

Comment

Brick pavers are cheap. No use having concrete under a rv.

Comment

Here in DFW you would be looking at 2500-3000 dollars depending on site work.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
              Here in DFW you would be looking at 2500-3000 dollars depending on site work.
              That's what I was thinking , but hopefully a little cheaper.

Thanks for all the help

Comment

Cheaper labor before trump

Comment

I can probably get you in for about $2200
                  Turn key.
                  I would have to see it first of course.

Charles 832 654 8201

Comment

I poured my driveway two years ago for $3/ft but had to hire the concrete guy for labor only, pay actual cash for the concrete and go pick up and supply all the material (except form boards) turned out pretty good, but I could pick away anything..

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                      I can probably get you in for about $2200
                      Turn key.
                      I would have to see it first of course.

Charles 832 654 8201
                      Do you do work in Pasadena?

Comment

You bet

Comment

couple different guys in baytown area are 4.00/ft. turn key for 4". so about 1440.00

Comment

I just did one for a guy in Burnet and they are charging him a ton in taxes because it is concrete. He is just parking his RV on the dang thing. They told him if it was pavers or other material it would be no charge. Others seeing this?

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                              Cheaper labor before trump
                              Better 401k returns with Trump.

Comment

Working...
                              X