Buying vs leasing ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying vs leasing ?'s

The wife is retiring in December and we are going to loose the use of her company Ford Explorer. I am retiring in May of 2020.

My question is, buy or lease a new vehicle. It will not be driven much, but she does not or has not shown any interest in having a new vehicle every 2 or 3 years. She wants a mid size SUV like her company Explorer.

My other thought was to give her my 2014 F150 Super Crew and get an F250 Superduty 6.2 gas. We will hopefully be moving back to the Bell County area and I am thinking the bigger F250 will come in handy with equipment we may need to buy and tow if we find the land in Bell County.

I have seen nicely loaded 2019 Explorer XLT's for less than $35,000 so the Superduty will cost quiet a bit more.

Thoughts?

Don’t lease

Comment

I’m not sure what the advantages of leasing are past, lower monthly notes with big balloon payments at the end and turning over your car every 3 years.

If you’re planning on keeping it, I wouldn’t lease.

Comment

I would buy. I've always been afraid of going over the max mileage, which isn't that much, or something else in the small writing and get hit with a huge bill when turning in.

Comment

Let me know how that idea of giving Jan your used truck and you get you a new one goes over!!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by densonfrnc View Post
            Let me know how that idea of giving Jan your used truck and you get you a new one goes over!!! Lol
            She has not said no way in Hates yet. I have about a 1% chance of it happening!

Comment

Working...
            X