Tramp Stamp Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
    I am currently recovering from a discectomy and laminectomy. I had a very similar situation as you and almost follows the same path as you. Also I had a canal that was more narrow than normal which was compounding my issue. My neurosurgeon, Dr Hoover in College Station, said my herniated disc was so bad the next thing I could face would be a wheelchair.

Tomorrow will be a month since my surgery and all my pain is gone. It’s like a miracle to me. I still have a couple numb toes and my right thigh still goes numb after standing for a while but numbness takes months to go away. I’m so glad I went and had this taken care of. I’m still light duty for 2 more months and that’s the hardest part about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. What does your Physical therapy look like?

Comment

Been there done that twice. L3-l4, l4-l5 and L5-s1 both times. You’ll feel like a new person when you wake up.

Do your PT, listen to your therapist and your body and you’ll be fine. Once released from pt I’ve got no restrictions and other than occasional aches, no lasting effects

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
        That was a good title!! Good luck and prayers!
        Same here. There for a while I thought it could be a WebsterTroy thread

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
          Thanks for the info. What does your Physical therapy look like?

Nothing at the moment. I was in last Monday to have my sutures out and they checked my leg strength and didn't say anything about PT. I have another follow up at 6 weeks and it may come up then. I'm still in the no bending, twisting and no more that 10# pickup range.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            I'll add you to my prayer list.

I have a similar issue, only my disk isnt really herniated. Its Degenerative in nature. Both L4 and 5 are beyond 50% eroded and my neuro wanted to do full disk replacement on both with a artificial disk made of titanium bases that swivel on teflon cushions. I opted out because i am so young.
            But i absolutely know the pain you are feeling. It has crippled me off and on for the last 10 years.

Hope all goes well with your surgery. If you don't mind me asking, who is going to do the surgery? Texas Brain and Spine in CS is who I am seeing. They seem like a great institution and have good reviews. It wont be long before I eventually have it.
            This is who I went to and where my dr is. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
              Nothing at the moment. I was in last Monday to have my sutures out and they checked my leg strength and didn't say anything about PT. I have another follow up at 6 weeks and it may come up then. I'm still in the no bending, twisting and no more that 10# pickup range.

Dang. I’m hoping to go back to work (light duty) 5 days post surgery even tho they’re saying I shouldn’t work until my followup. I’ll have a followup 3 weeks later. Then I’ll start PT.

Comment

Dang. I’m hoping to go back to work (light duty) 5 days post surgery even tho they’re saying I shouldn’t work until my followup. I’ll have a followup 3 weeks later. Then I’ll start PT.

I was saying the same thing and I have a desk job. I ended up taking 2 weeks and I'm glad I did. My first day back was a kick in the teeth. It was rough trying to find the best way to sit and how often to get up. Everyday after has been fine. If you can take 2 weeks then do it. Of course with me having bone removed it may not take you as long as it took me.

Comment

I just had my surgery on April 5th on a Friday and was back to work on Monday the 8th(desk Job). My MRI was almost exactly like yours except it was in my Cervical region. It was Arthrodesis by anterior interbody technique of cervical region below C2, including disc space preparation with discectomy, Osteophytectomy and decompression of nerve root. I still have some tingling and numbness but Im getting more feeling and movement everyday it seems. No pain at all and after my first check up I was way better thank before my surgery. Im told it can take from 6 days to 6 weeks to 6 months to a year so in other words don't rush it and take it slow and easy. It'll come and of course there might be some feeling that I never get back, anything is better than what I had when I was walking with a cane. You're in my prayers, stay positive and do what the Drs say and you'll be good in no time.

Comment

I never did the PT. I was back a work (desk job from home) in less than a week. it was not a bad experience at all. Also went to Texas Back Institute but out of Dallas.

Pretty dang awesome to go into surgery with throbbing leg pain and waking up with total relief.

Comment

Get bent, yuppie. 6 tats but no stamp here!

Dr Boah is the neurosurgeon out of Denton Texas Back Institute. He did the same surgery on several of our firefighters with successful outcomes.

Not for 6 weeks.

Dr Hisey did my back surgery in 2012. I am dealing with some stuff in the L5/S1 and I am sure I'll be back to the TBI soon to get mine squared.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by sjaaaz View Post
                        I never did the PT. I was back a work (desk job from home) in less than a week. it was not a bad experience at all. Also went to Texas Back Institute but out of Dallas.

Pretty dang awesome to go into surgery with throbbing leg pain and waking up with total relief.
                        And this was his MRI

Comment

Hope it goes well and you make a speedy recovery

Your 3/4 disc looks like it might be a culprit too

Comment

I just left neurosurgeon for second opinion and he said surgery is a must. He said expect for me to have a desk job in 10 years, that He doubts I’ll firefight forever.

Hard pill to swallow right there.

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Comment

I hate this for you, Stephanie! You are a tough lady and can prove them wrong! You can do this!

Comment

Working...
                                X